.: Chapter 2 :.

Another long and tiring day of had just ended and Nii-chan and I were walking home. We were arguing over whose dish was a lot worse. He said his flame-grilled squid with peanut butter was the worst. I stated that my mackerel with melted marshmallows tasted even worse than his. We stopped when Nii-chan claimed that his butt was vibrating. I burst out laughing at his remark as he answered the phone and put it on speaker.

"Hey, old man........"

"Are you home yet?" he replied.

"Nah, Sai-chan and I were just picking up some things for breakfast, what's up?"

"I'm gonna be taking care of some things...."

"That's unusual" I said into the phone.

"I probably won't be home until tomorrow, so you guys don't have to open the restaurant."

"Sure." Soma said casually, yet I could hear slight disappointment in his voice.

A short silence followed after.

"So..... What do you kids plan to do after graduating from middle school?"

Soma abruptly stopped walking and said, "That should be obvious. We'll be studying cooking at the restaurant."

"Is that what you want to do Saika?" Oh no, he only uses my real name when he was very serious.

"Of course, why wouldn't it be?"

"I see." Then he hangs up.

"Why do you think he asked us that?" I asked Nii-chan. The only response I got was him shrugging his shoulders. "Still the aftertaste of my peanut butter and squid is the worst. You can basically see them shake in fear" He smirks and looks down on me. "Phfffffft, yeah right." This continued for quite a while until we got back to our sanctuary, Yukihira. We went through the back gate and soma took out the keys to the door. He opened it. A gasp of disbelief came out of his mouth. I looked over his shoulder and I was absolutely horrified at the scene before me. All the meat was on the ground, unusable. I could see soap and washing powder to cover the meat as well as the floor. "The meat is ruined?" Soma said out loud, stating the obvious. Our refrigerators had also been raided. The doors were opened and the food was splattered everyday.

We walked in and as we went further, it got worse and worse. 'A burglar? No, they wouldn't do something like this......' I thought to myself. Once we reached main area we noticed that the door was open. "Come on!" Soma said, tell me to follow him. We ran out swiftly to see if the culprit was still there. I looked around and saw absolutely nothing in my sight except the usual quiet street. I felt something fall to the right side of me. I looked down to see a big splodge of bird waste? No. We looked up to see that our sign was completely covered up with white paint. "Oh, my~" said a high pitched voice out of the blue. It was Minegasaki. Her and her bodyguards were behind us. She was taunting us. "Things here are looking better than yesterday. It's probably because that ugly sign has been covered up." I could feel my blood boiling inside. How dare she destroys our precious restaurant and insults it like it was nothing but a small bug. I felt Soma squeeze my shoulder, telling me to calm down.

"Ah, I feel like having a meat dish now." She takes off her sunglasses and just waltzes right into the restaurant with her bodyguards tagging behind. She then starts explaining how the marbled steak she usually has is really juicy. She pulled a chair down and sat on it crossing her legs. "Hey, little girl, little boy, make me your juiciest meat. Oh, don't tell me you can't make it." She mocked. "A customer is asking for meat. Can't you serve it? Didn't you brats tell me yesterday that if you were unable to serve a customer, you would go out of business? Your sign is already looking better than before. You should shut down this restaurant." Minegasaki laughed like an insane woman who had just murdered a victim in a movie. I could feel Soma's aura turning dark as he exhaled. "A juicy meat dish?" asked Soma. "Is that your final order?" I finalised as Nii-chan untied the ribbon around his left wrist and I tied my hair into a ponytail. "Swear that you will never step foot into this restaurant if we create a dish that satisfies your palate." Minegasaki's eyes widen as we put on our aprons and Soma ties the ribbon around his head. We both put on our most intimidating looks and shouted. "We accept your challenge!"

The battle's on!

A/N: 

I just saw that I got over 100 reads on this story!

Thank you to everyone who enjoys and this fanfic

Please vote, comment and share any suggestions you may have

(Word Count: 784) (16th March 2017)

-A.C