.: Chapter 4 :.

Copyright and Disclaimer:

I do not own Shokugeki no Soma, or any of it characters, sadly. It all belongs to, Yūto Tsukuda and Yoshitomo Yonetani. Only the character Yukihira Saika belongs to me.

【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】

Soma and I are now walking to some unknown school. Soma was grumbling, a lot, and crumbled the map in his hand. Okay, let's back track. This is what happened the morning after the whole fiasco with Minegasaki.

| Flashback to the morning after the Minegasaki trouble |

Early the next morning, Soma and I started to clean up the mess that was made in yesterday's fiasco. We started from the food storage rooms and made our way to the front of the restaurant. He was sitting high up on a ladder, cleaning up the white mess that happened to end up on our sign. I was inside, trying to get rid of the smell of rotten meat and washing powder. Before, Soma suggested that I use scented candles, I just hit him on his shoulder, knowing that he was teasing.

CRASH!

A loud crash from outside diverted my attention from my thoughts. I ran to open the door, but it opened itself. "Yeah, you know, I'll have to apologise to our regulars." I know that voice..... "Dad!" "Ah, Sai-chan, you didn't die! Or burn down the kitch-"

SLAP!

"THAT WAS ONLY ONCE! AND I WAS 4 BACK THEN!" I shouted back, not needing to be reminded of that catastrophe.

"Apologise to your own children first!!!" shouted Soma, getting up from the ground. "I am so confused..." I tilted my head to the side. "This old man wants to close down the restaurant!!!" "What?!?!" I exclaimed back. "Shut it you two! And it's only gonna be for two to three years." He starts walking inside, ducking his head. "An old friend of mine suggested that we work together, I'll be living with them for a while. So I won't be back here."

"Hey dad-" I got cut off.

"As soon as I get my stuff together, I'm leaving."

"Wait." Said Soma. I was scary, I haven't seen Soma so serious in a long time.

"I'll send some money for both of you to live off."

"I said, wait!"

"We..... We always wanted.......this......this restaurant to....." I started but can't finish.

I clenched my hands into a balled fist and looked down. 'I can't believe that he would do this to us. To take away what mattered the most to us...' I felt a hand clasp onto my shoulder and looked up. It was dad. I realised that he also had a fist on Soma's chest. We made eye contact with each other for a few seconds before turning towards our dad. "It's time for you to go, Saika, Soma." He handed both of us a paper folder. On the front it said, in large typing, 'Educational Institution Engetsu Teahouse Culinary Academy, Transfer Information'

"A cooking school?" I questioned.

"Why would we have to go to something like this now?" Asked Soma.

"I'm closing the restaurant and you can get high school credits there. It's the perfect opportunity. Just study there for three years." He answered us back. A small smile formed on his lips. "I guess the both of you really are twins." I low chuckle escapes his mouth. "You are the exact same." "WE ARE NOT!!!" We both shouted.

"Stop it!"

"Stop saying everything I say!"

"I told you to shut up!!!"

We growled and head-butted each other.

"Stop doing everything I do!"

| End of flashback |

Now I am here, with a beautiful scenery and a complaining twin brother. He kept saying how it was 'stupid to pay to learn how to cook' and how a culinary school is 'going to be all happy-go-lucky. I couldn't say that I completely disagree with him but...... Yeah, I give up. I don't want to go a stupid culinary school either. I was interrupted from my thoughts by an unattractive screaming. It sounded something like, 'GAHHHHHH!!!!'

We looked to our right to see two boys screaming on their knees, as if their life was about to end. "I'm done for. My life is over!!!!" Geez, over the top much. Another voice got our attention and we looked to the left. We saw an old man, also on his knees, begging a body guard. "I'll donate ten million, no, twenty million! Just take back my son's expulsion!!!" I then turned my gaze towards the bodyguard. He just looked annoyed. Then realisation came over me. I slowly turned my head and to my horror, I was met with the sign that says, 'Engetsu Teahouse Culinary Academy'. I felt beads of sweat run down my face. "Call Dad." I said.

"Hello?"

"Ummmm, dad, can you please explain..."

"PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY SON'S EXPULSION I BEG OF YOU!!!"

"That."

"Oh, didn't I tell you guys?" He started, " That is Japan's top Culinary School."

I looked up and was greeted with a large mountain with bountiful of vegetation. Many buildings were plotted all over the place. The tallest and most regal building stood on top. It was shadowed and not very clear. But I could make out the shape of it. It is in the shape of a traditional Japanese temple. It stood above everything else, and was looking down. I felt as I was being judged.

"It has a graduation rate of less than 10%. It is a very elite institute."

We just stood there, completely frozen.

Oh well, crap

【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】

A/N:

Yay! Over 300 reads on this fanfic already!

Please comment, vote and share some suggestions you might have!

(Word Count: 883)     (5th April 2017)

-Vina