.: Chapter 10 :.

Copyright and Disclaimer:

I do not own Shokugeki no Soma, or any of it characters, sadly. It all belongs to, Yūto Tsukuda and Yoshitomo Yonetani. Only the character Yukihira Saika belongs to me.

【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】

[A/N: This chapter will start at the high school opening ceremony]

"Stop winning!" I whispered loudly to Soma as he had won, again.

"Yay. Another round, please~" asked Soma has he got his hands ready.

"We've already played over 15 rounds that were out of three," I said to him childishly.

"Depends, would you rather lose to me again or listen to whatever is happening up there," Soma says pointing to the stage.

I sigh. "Point taken." I then get my hands in position.

"Rock, paper, scissors," we said at the same time. I made a rock with my hands and my dear brother just had to use paper. "Hehe, I win again Sai-chan." Soma jeered. I just crossed my arms and puffed out my cheeks. "Why do you always have to win?" I whined. "It's because the Gods think I deserve to win." my dear brother answered with a cheeky smile. "What did you say?!" I snapped at him. "Uhhh, no-nothing." I stuttered while scratching the back of his neck. "That's what I thought."

Murmurs were heard and I was confused. "Hey Soma," I say catching his attention, "Do you think we should've listened?" "Nah, not really." he replied. "Yukihira Soma and Yukihira Saika, please get ready, you are to say your little speech in less than a minute. Follow me." said a girl, probably the same age as us. We follow her and she leads us to the bottom of the stage. "Wait here until I tell you to come up." We only nod and then she goes up on the sage. "Hey, can you start taking first?" Soma asked. "Why do you want me to go first? You know I hate being in front of crowds." I replied. "I'm helping you to boost your non-existent confidence." He said casually. "Fine"

"Now, we would like to introduce our two new transfer students who will be joining our league." Said the girl. She then gestured for us to go up. We both went up the stairs and I started talking first and my dear brother was behind me. I walked up to the microphone. I could feel everyone's judging stares pierce through my body. "H-Hello everybody. My n-name is Yukihira Saika." I walk to the side and bow. "I hope we can be friends and I-I look forward to be learning with you all for the next th-three years." I finished and started to walk off the stage and go towards the tent. I could hear a round of applause behind me. I then let out a breath that I didn't even know I was holding. Once I was outside the tent. I turned towards my brother to see how he does.

"Oh, sorry to be talking to y'all from up here." he started and chuckled a bit at the end. "Please make it quick the girl rushed him in a whisper. "Alright, I'll keep it short and sweet, then. Just a few sentences. Uh, I'm Yukihira Soma. You all just met my sister, Saika. To be honest, this academy is just a stepping stone for me! I wasn't expecting to transfer here but I also don't plan to lose to anyone that hasn't served real customers before. Well, what I'm saying is that, basically, now that I'm here, I'm gonna take number one spot!" He then lifted up one finger. "I look forward to being with y'all for the next three years!" He bowed then started to walk off the stage.

The fire in everyone's eyes were growing bigger and bigger by the second. Only seconds later everyone in the audience started to throw things at the stage and yelling.

"You little.....!"

"Imma gonna kill you!"

"Go die!"