.: Chapter 7 :.

Copyright and Disclaimer:

I do not own Shokugeki no Soma, or any of it characters, sadly. It all belongs to, Yūto Tsukuda and Yoshitomo Yonetani. Only the character Yukihira Saika belongs to me.

【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】

After a few seconds, I decided what to make. I got out all my ingredients and set it over the bench. On the other side of the kitchen I could see Soma was also getting his ingredients out as well.. He looked over to me and smirked. "Oh, so I see you are making that." I gave a little chuckle and returned a smirk. "And I see you're making that."

"TELL ME WHAT THAT AND THAT IS!" screamed Erina, slamming her fist multiple times onto the metal bench. I looked behind my shoulder, "It's a secret~" I replied in the sing-song tone. I gave a little wink and turned back to my preparations. I could hear a growl escape her mouth and Hisako trying to calm her down.

I decided to create cold soba noodles with jammy eggs and peas.

I bring in a large saucepan of water to a boil over medium-high heat. Then I Used a slotted spoon to carefully the lower the eggs into the water one at a time. I cook them for 6½ minutes, adjusting heat to maintain a gentle boil. I transferred the eggs to a bowl of ice water and chill until just slightly warm, about 2 minutes. While that was happening, I started to work on the other elements of the dish. My next step was to boil the peas in a pot of boiling salt water for two minutes.

I gently crack eggs all over and peel, starting from the wider end, which contains the air pocket. After that, I bring pea pods and 1½ cups water to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat. I reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are soft. Then I strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a medium bowl and discard solids. I cover and chill stock for 30 minutes until it was cold. Then I whisked chile, kimchi juice, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, ginger, sesame oil, and ½ teaspoon of chili oil into the vegetable stock.

In the background I could hear Erina arguing about whether Soma's dish is going to be worth her time or not. I sighed hoping that she wouldn't do the same with me, but just my luck, she came over to my area and started looking around at what I was doing. "And I presume you are to make something just as low as your brother." I saw the smallest smirk etched it's way onto her face from the corner of my eye. I just simply ignored her and continued to cook. "E-Erina-sama, p-please calm down a-and-" "Be quiet Hisako." She was probably fuming right now. Ha! Serves her right for looking down on me and my brother. Now, back to my lovely cooking.

I then cooked the soba noodles in a pot of boiling salted water until it was tender. I transferred it to a bowl of ice water. I Added the noodles to bowl with dressing, along with pea shoots, radishes, tatsoi, and reserved peas and toss it all together to make sure the noodles and vegetables are evenly coated. I got a plate and placed it on top. Lastly, I topped my dish with eggs, scallions and drizzle it with a little bit of chili oil.

"Thanks for waiting." we both said at the same time.

The both of us placed our dishes on the same bench. Erina looked down at our dishes and scoffed. "In the end, it's still the work of lowly cooks. I haven't even gained an appetite from it. My palate is known as the god's tongue. Only the most refined and-" "Shut up!" I shouted and everything became silent. I looked straight into her purple eyes with a look that could kill anyone within a 20 metre radius. "How can you even call yourself a chef if you don't keep your mind open to new things. In my opinion, you are an absolute disgrace to the world of cooking," I was fuming. She just sighed. "This exam is over, therefore you both fail." "OH HELL NO! YOU BETTER STUFF YOUR FACE INTO OUT FOOD OR I WILL FORCE YOU!" Okay, I admit, maybe I went a bit too far with what I said because what she said next made me regret my words. "Hisako, call someone to take her out. Now!" "Y-yes! Right away Erina-sama." Then Hisako took out a phone from her pocket and called someone. "As I say, this exam is over, this was a waste of my time." All of a sudden, two men dressed in black suits rushed into the kitchen. I'm gonna take a guess that they are the people that are to 'take me out of here'. "Take the girl away from this building instantly." Both of the men nod and I started to walk backwards, very, very slowly. Then something happened which made me giggle a bit on the inside. Instead of grabbing me, both the men grabbed Hisako by the arms and started to drag her out. "Not her you imbeciles! The one over there with red hair!" A slight pink colour coloured their cheeks out of embarrassment and dropped her to the ground. Let's just say Hisako definitely didn't have a soft fall. "You will never get me!" I shouted and began to run around the kitchen. They eventually caught me. After about five minutes. "This isn't the last you will hear from me!" I yelled to them as I was being dragged out the room. Before my view of them completely disappeared, I saw my brother give me his signature smirk. After a few minutes, I was sitting on my bum... at the gates... in front of the school.

Erina's POV:

"Why do you smirk when Your sister is being dragged away?" I question him. "Well, when she says 'This isn't the last you will hear from me!' She actually means it."

Back to Saika's POV

"Oh hello, what are you doing on the ground?" someone asked while offering me a hand. I look up and smile. "Just chillin'." I replied "My name is Yukihira Saika. Nice to meet you!" I said cheerfully. "My name is Satoshi isshiki. Nice to meet you too!" Then someone popped their head from behind him. "Nice to meet ya! I'm kobayashi rindou." I accepted his hand.

Well this is definitely a surprise.

【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】

A/N:

Sorry 

Sorry

Sorry

Sorry

Sorry

Sorry that it has taken soooooo long to update, I have been suffering from writers block for a while. hope I can write and update faster in the future!

Extra note:  None of my chapters are edited 'properly' so expect really bad grammar and spelling!

Please comment, vote and share any suggestions you might have!

(Word Count: 1059) (1st August 2017)

- Vina