.: Chapter 11 :.

Copyright and Disclaimer:

I do not own Shokugeki no Soma, or any of it characters, sadly. It all belongs to, Yūto Tsukuda and Yoshitomo Yonetani. Only the character Yukihira Saika belongs to me.

【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】

Sometimes I wonder to myself, how on earth does one thing spread to the entire school in two or so minutes. I am currently standing in the middle of a kitchen/ class with everyone cowering at least a metre away from me. "Hello," I say to someone extending my hand, "My name is Yukihira Saika." I tried to greet someone in a friendly manner. "He-He-Hello." they said and slowly backed off towards their, what I assume, friend. I could feel myself sweatdrop at this action.

"That was scary."

"I was praying for you bro."

'Was I really that scary?' I thought to myself.

"Okay everyone, I would like all of you to get into partners and I'll introduce what recipe you will be creating." said a new voice that just entered the room. Everyone, including me, turned around to see who it is. A middle aged man with slightly tanned skin, black hair and earth brown eyes stood at the doorway. He was wearing the clothes of a professional chef. He has a very intimidating aura around him and everyone else in the room could feel it too.

"Well?! Did anyone hear me the first time? Get into partners and go a bench. If you don't I'll expel you on the spot!"

Instantly everyone rushed into pairs and went to a bench. I watched as everyone disappear into pairs. Then a thought suddenly came to me.

'Crap! Nobody wants to be my partner!'

I quickly go to someone and instantly they rushed off when I came near them. This was so pathetic. Getting expelled because I couldn't get anyone to be my partner. Instantly I could smell something from under my nose. It smelt good. I closed my eyes and smelt it again. Cinnamon. "Are you calmer now?" Asked a voice from behind me. I turned around. There stood a tall guy with tanned skin. His eyes were a captivating emerald green and his smooth silver hair, tied up in a ponytail, contrast his skin tone. In other words, a very good looking foreigner.

"Thanks for that I guess... Ummmm......" I said to him. "I'm Hayama Akira. The smell of cinnamon can calm one's nerves and anxiety is what I have been told." Said Hayama-kun, "Want to be my partner?" "Yeah, sure." I responded.

"Okay everyone. My name is Mr. Pérez. Today we'll start off nice and simple. You will be required to make seafood paella. You have the entire lesson. There is a copy of the recipe on the board. Now start." And with a clap, everyone started to rush to gather all the right ingredients.

"You get the first half of ingredients and I'll get the second half." Hayama-kun said to me. I nodded and went to the ingredients area. When I arrived there, there were many people crowded around the ingredients table. "Move out of my way." the person in front of me said and accidentally stepped on my foot. "Hey!" I exclaimed, "Watch where you are going, and be more polite." "I-I'm sorry!" she bowed and quickly ran back to where her partner was.

Instantly everyone got out of my path. "Y-You can go first, Y-Yukihira-san." someone said and everyone else nodded. I took slow steps towards the ingredients while everyone went off to do their own thing at their work benches. I grabbed the right amount of each ingredient as fast as I could and went back to my work bench. There, Hayama-san was already preparing his ingredients. I set down my ingredients onto the counter amd sighed. "Well, you definitely have a way with people." said Hayama-kun's. I looked up at him and there was a large smirk on his face. My own face flushed a little but I decided to play it cool. "I guess I do." I replied and gave him smirk of my own.

I guess Hayama-kun and I were pretty in sync with our preparation and cooking. People working around us stopped to stare at us working with fluid movements. An hour or so later we finished making our paella. We also looked like the first ones to finish. I carried the dish towards Mr. Pérez and set it in front of him. Hayama-kun took the lid off. Steam rose from our dish. "It looks wonderful. The colours are vibrant and eye catching. The smell is also very dominant. But all of that is useless if it taste horrible." He grabbed the fork from beside him and drove it through the paella. He placed the fork full of food into his mouth. "T-The flavours just burst in my mouth." He goes and scoops onto his fork and eats it again. By this point everyone was already staring and some were even drooling.

"I've heard that Mr. Pérez never takes another bite out of any dish,"

"I've heard that he doesn't even swallow some people's dish and spits it right out once it goes into his mouth."

"I heard from my brother who was in his class last year that Mr. Pérez didn't even eat some dishes and they got an automatic F."

"Great job Hayama-kun and Yukihira-san. You passed with an A." Mr. Pérez said to us. I raised a fist to Hayama-kun and he bumped it with his own. "Happy to serve." I replied to him. Hayama-kun and I went back to our own workbench to clean up the remaining mess. "You did a pretty good job matching up to my speed." He said to me. "Well, I got used to accessing the situation in the kitchen due to working in a family diner." I replied, not taking my eyes off the dishes I was washing.

Once we finished cleaning up, extended his hand towards me. I extended mine as well and we shook hands. "I hope this partnership goes well for the rest of this year." "Same here."

At least one other person in this school besides Soma doesn't think of me as a psycho murderer.

【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】

Author's Note:

I was finally able to finish chapter 11 today!!!

Thank you for 7000+ reads and 312 votes. It means a lot to me.

Please comment, vote and share any suggestions you might have!

(Word Count: 998)     (3rd January 2018)

- Vina