.: Chapter 17:.

Copyright and Disclaimer:

I do not own Shokugeki no Soma, or any of its characters, sadly. It all belongs to, Yūto Tsukuda and Yoshitomo Yonetani. Only the character Yukihira Saika belongs to me.

【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】

The room was quite and the only sounds were the light snores of all the sleeping people around Isshiki-senpai and I.

"So what's it like being part of the council? Do you get to boss teachers around? Do you get to expel other students?" I asked with stars in my eyes.

I could see Isshiki-senpai sweatdrop. "W-Well, it is good but it can be stressful. I don't really boss teachers around that much. And I-I'm pretty sure that it's the headmaster's job to expel people."

"Aww, too bad. Just saying you should use your powers for more fun things in life."

Soon other people started to wake up. Ibusaki-san started to explain everything that was going on to Yuki and Ryoko. Soma then came in with a tray which had 4 bowls on it. I stood up and thought it looked familiar.

"This is Yukihira's secret menu item number 20 revised. Seer fish rice ball chazuke!" Soma said.

"It's usually made with salmon, but you used seer fish instead." I added.

"Exactly. Now dig in everyone."

Everyone grabbed a bowl and started to eat. Good comments about it flooded the room.

"Mmmmmmm"

"The fish really juicy."

"How does the fish skin have its crispiness?"

"Its Poêle." Isshiki-senpai said.

"Poêle?" Everyone questioned together.

"How do you know of this French cooking technique?"

"We learnt it from our dad, right sai-chan?"

"Yeah," I said, "He always said it it was the best way to cook a fish with a nice, crispy skin."

"Is your father trained in French cooking then?"

"Honestly we don't even know.But it does seem like he has done cooking in different countries before."

I could see all three people start to smile as they continued to eat soma's dish. It looked as if they were all in paradise.

"Soma, that was a beautiful snowmelt." Isshiki-senpai said with a tear rolling down his cheek.

"Your spring breeze wasn't so bad either."

Isshiki-senpai thanked Soma for the match and they shook hands. I looked to my side and saw that Megumi was starting to wake up. Once she say Soma and Isshiki-senpai, the look of horror spread onto her face. I looked back at the two and the same horrified look fell onto my face. I only just realised that Isshiki-senpai's apron was falling and just barely covering his.. Ummmmm. Parts.

Soon everyone had woken up. They tried to wake up Marui but he stayed fast asleep. Before they left everyone 'promised' to clean up next time. The only people left was me, Soma, Isshiki-senpai and a sleeping Marui. Isshiki-senpai covered Marui with a blanket and started to clean the room with me and Soma.

"Soma, Saika, with this welcome party you are officially a member of Polaris. Feel free to ask any questions." Isshiki-senpai said with a smile.

Soma looked over his shoulder and asked, "How does somebody get into the Elite Ten?"

Isshiki-senpai hesitantly turned around with his usual smile. But this smile has a different feel compared to the usual.

"Oh yeah, you are aiming for 'the top' right?" He then turns to me. "And I assume you have the same goal?"

I nod and smirked in response. "Ya' see. The two of as and our old man are having a bit of a disagreement. If we want him to acknowledge us, this is what we should do in the very least."

"Our match a minute ago ended in a tie," Soma said, "But if I beat you right now, does that make me seventh place in the entire school?"

I think I saw senpai's face darken for a second. It was so quick. It disappeared as fast as it had came. It was soon replaced by his usual happy-go-lucky attitude. Tears of happiness started to stream down his face. His hands shot up in the air and his smirk was replaced with a large smile.

"Amazing!" he exclaimed rather loudly out of nowhere. I had to scoot back a bit. If I didn't, I'm pretty sure my eardrums would've exploded. "You both have such awesome ambitions! The entire Polaris Dormitory should have this sort of drive, I tell you."

Soma and I sweatdrop. "Uh... thanks?"

"I think I'll pass for this challenge. It's getting late and we should probably go to sleep. We have school tomorrow."

Soma and I said our goodbyes to Isshiki-senpai and went to our respective rooms. I laid in bed thinking about this school. Everyone has their own style and expertise in cooking. Everyone here is also crazy strong. But to see our old man and to earn his respect Soma and I have to reach the top. And the top is where we will be. Soon I closed my eyes and went to sleep.

Isshiki Satoshi POV:

I watched as the Yukihira twins walked out. I smile to myself. They both were oblivious to the challenges they will face. They do not understand that at this school cooking is everything.

Soon they will bear the weight of what they had said at the entrance ceremony. 

【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】

A/N:

Welp... Here is a sorry excuse of a chapter ;-; (extremely unedited and full of mistakes)

I will start working on the next few chapters straight away ( ̄^ ̄)ゞ

Once again I am thankful for the everyone who has stuck with this fanfic for so long or has just discovered it. Just knowing people read this motivates me!!

I read every comment and I am happy some people are actually waiting for this trash to update.

My account is also currently under construction. I'm trying to make it more pleasing to the human (or non-human, I won't judge) eye.

Please comment, vote and share any suggestions you may have!

(Word count: 845)     (19th December 2018)

- Vina