.: Chapter 6 :.

Copyright and Disclaimer:

I do not own Shokugeki no Soma, or any of it characters, sadly. It all belongs to, Yūto Tsukuda and Yoshitomo Yonetani. Only the character Yukihira Saika belongs to me.

【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】

The hall we very spacious, if it were empty. The entire room is filled with people. As soon as we entered, there were already murmurs traveling through the room. I wonder what it could be? Must be something happening at the front. Curse all the tall people in front of me! I kept hearing things like. "Hey is that..." and "Really? It can't be." and "It might be.". Oh my gosh people, just make up your mind. "Hey Nii-chan." I whispered to him. He looked at me and I raised an eyebrow. A small sigh came from his mouth and bent down to give me a piggy back ride. I threw my arms around his shoulders and he hoisted me up. "Have you been eating too much lately Sai-chan?" He asked with a smirk. I flicked his forehead and stuck out my tongue in response.

"Greetings, transfer applicants." Said a female, probably my age. "I'm Nakiri Erina, and I have been assigned to judge today's transfer exam." She has this bossy and arrogant aura surrounding her, I don't like it. Her hair is strawberry blonde that is waist length and purple eyes. She is wearing what I assume to be a school uniform. 'Wait, that's a school uniform. How can she be the examiner?' I thought to myself. "Any word from the exam division?" She asked the girl next to her. The girl next to her was a bit shorter in both height and hair length. She has pink hair that is slightly above her shoulders and red-ish eyes. She is also in a school uniform.

"I'll read it now." Answered the pinkette. "Examinees will first undergo interviews in groups of ten based on their applications. They will then undergo a practicum where they will cook three or so dishes. Those who pass will..." Before she got to finish, Nakiri interrupted her with a "Hmph. How pointless." Less than 5 seconds passed and a tiny smirk made it's way onto to Nakiri's face. "I have an idea. Bring in the kitchen work tables here!" She ordered and the pinkette went to go get them. She came back with a long silver cart thing. On it, there were fruits vegetables and other ingredients of all sorts. Nakiri walked over to the table and picked up an egg. "The main ingredient will be an egg. Make one dish that will satisfy my palate, and you will be allowed to transfer into the academy." Frighten gasps and over really strange noise erupted from the room as she said this. "Furthermore, I will allow those who wish to withdraw to do so in the next minute only." Fear crept it's way onto everyone's face and all I could do is wonder is what's to scary about this woman. Within two seconds, everyone in the hall started to bolt out of the hall with fearful screams being released from their mouths. Soma just stood there and I got off his shoulders. Wide-eyed, I just stood and stared with him.

"Hey, wait!" I said as I grabbed a random person's shoulder. Turns out, it was that rich kid from before who called us 'low lifes'. "Why is everyone running?!" I asked.

"Y-You don't know who she is?!" He asked back emphasising the 'she'.

"I we knew, we wouldn't be asking you would we dumbass!" was all I could reply with.

"Nakiri Erina has the finest palate known to mankind! A divine tongue! The God Tongue!"

"Huh?" Both Soma and I responded, still not really understanding.

Rich kid then went and explained who great her tongue is. Stories like talking at the age of three months saying her mother's breast milk didn't have enough depth of flavour, and being asked to serve as a taste tester for restaurants worldwide since a very young age. "Her evaluations spread far and wide in the industry!" He was now just helplessly running but not moving forward since I was holding on to his collar. "If- If you were branded by her as an imbecile with no talent, your career in the food world would be ruined!" I looked to my brother and he nodded. I let go of him thinking that we have enough information. He ran out the doors as if his soul depended on it. He stumbled a bit, falling flat on his face, but instantly got up again and started to run even faster, if possible.

"I figured that most of them were hopeless and unskillful." It is her. "I can't be bothered to waste my time on such foolish matters. I believe that I have cleared my schedule for today?" She asked the pinkette. "Y-Yes." she answered. "I will now test new dishes in my private quarters." A visible dark blush appeared on the pinkette's face once Nakiri mentioned her new dish. A new smirk appeared on Nakiri's face. "What's the matter Hisako?" 'Oh, so that's her name!' I thought to myself. Nakiri continued, teasing tone never leaving her voice, "You look... as if you want something." She walked closer and placed a finger under Hisako's chin, lifting it up gently. Is this some sort of skit? Or do they have a relationship? I thought to myself, as I tilt my head slightly in confusion.

"Hey, so are there any other restrictions for our dish?" Soma interrupted. Both the girls eyes widen in realisation that the both of them weren't the only ones left in the hall. Nakiri had a slight menacing look in her eyes as my brother and I stared back at her with a blank look. "Just as long as you two use eggs. You can make anything you want. But are you sure you want to do this. You should withdraw while you... " Before she could finish, my idiot of a brother placed a hand on her shoulder and said, "Oh, I was worried! I thought you would fail us before we could cook. Isn't that right Sai-chan?" All I could do was nod at them. Suddenly Hisako rushed in between Nakiri and Soma, putting some distance between. "Don't you know who she is?!" She shouted at Soma. "Who is she?" I asked. "She is the top of her class in the junior high division and the youngest member of the elite ten council at Totsuki Culinary Academy, the highest decision-making group in the academy. She is Nakiri Erina-sama!" "Woah, this is a fine tool." stated soma holding a knife up, examining it. Knowing him, he probably got bored halfway through. "Don't just touch anything!" They both shouted at the same time. "This is also really good quality Nii-chan, look." I say, grabbing another knife. "Put that down!" They shouted again. 

"Let me ask you commoners one more time: are you really going to take my test?" Nakiri asked, emphasising the 'really' and the 'my'. "Huh? We just have to make you say that it's delicious. Right?" I questioned. Soma threw the knife he was examining up and caught it with one hand. 'Typical show off...' "Of course we'll take the test.". A smile visible on both of our faces. "Erina-sama," Said Hisako, showing two pieces of paper to Nakiri. I ignored it and started to examine the ingredients. They were in really good shape and condition. I guess that is the effect of being a prestigious culinary school.

"If that is what you choose, then I shall taste your food. The cooking of lowly commoners in the food world." I looked at Soma and he looked at me. A smirk made it's way onto our faces. "We will be happy to... serve you... our specialties!" Soma ties the ribbon around his head in a dramatic manner and threw off his jacket. I did the same but less dramatically and used a bandana instead. "Hang onto your seat, Examiner Erina!"

I shall surprise you, Nakiri Erina!

【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】

A/N:

Sorry that it has taken so long to update, I have been busy with school things and handing things in late...

Please comment, vote and share any suggestions you might have!

(Word Count: 1314)     (6th May 2017)

- Vina