.: Chapter 12 :.

Copyright and Disclaimer:

I do not own Shokugeki no Soma, or any of it's characters, sadly. It all belongs to, Yūto Tsukuda and Yoshitomo Yonetani. Only the character Yukihira Saika belongs to me.

【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】

At the end of the day, I went to my locker, which was next to Soma's, to gather my stuff. When I arrived, Soma was already gathering his stuff. "So, Sai-chan, how was your first day?" He asked me, head still in this locker. I unlock mine. "Not bad I guess." I start to take out the bag filled with my clothes and my other bag of snacks. "According to this piece of paper from inside the acceptance folder, we are meant to stay in a place called 'The Polaris Dormitory'." Soma said as he closed the door to his locker.

"I have no idea where that is. Do you?"

"No clue."

"Maybe the front desk knows where it is. Let's go ask."

I closed and locked my locker. So Soma, who was carrying a bag and a portable grill, and I, who was carrying two bags, made our way to the front office. Which is in another build. Far away from where we are right now. I sighed.

Currently, Soma and I are walking around the stupidly huge campus. We were tired, hungry and really freaking cold. You might be wondering why we are in this situation. Well, it's because the people that work at the front desk don't know anything about the stupid school. So basically, we went to the front to ask where the student dormitory is. They said they never heard of it and that is might exist. Might. Then Soma just had to say that we will look around for it ourselves. At that time, it probably slipped his mind that the school campus was really big. There were plenty of large, showy buildings. I think I saw a windmill and a baseball dome at one point.

Horror movie. That was what first came to my mine when a saw a run down manor house. There were many overgrown vines that climbed up the probably once white walls. The gate gave off an ominous vibe and looked old and rusty. On one side of the fence said the words 'Polaris Dormitory'. 'Please tell me this is a dream.' I thought to myself. The tall untamed trees and the kawing or crows didn't help to make this place look anymore pleasant.

Soma crept towards the door and opened it slowly. Once we were fully in, I closed the door behind me. There was silence for a few seconds. Then a loud sound came and gave me a mini heart attack. Smoke started to stream out of a room on a level higher than us. 'Is the damn house on fire?!' I asked myself and started to panic a bit. I mean, who wouldn't. "Room 208!" boomed a loud voice, "You turned an empty room in a smokehouse again, didn't you? How about I string you up and smoke you with your own chipwood?" 'Wow, so violent.'

Then another noise came from our left. It sounded like a rampage of wild animals. I was very surprised when my prediction came true. Not long after my prediction, a horde of animals came rushing past us. "Usako, Kamosuke and Shikanoshin! You guys have to stop getting out of your cages!" Shouted a girl about our age. "Room 118! Stop raising animals in your room!" Came the violent voice again, "Do that again and you will be the one to be skinned and dried!" 'Well, what a great greeting.'

"You two must be Yukihira Soma and Yukihira Saika. The transfer students looking for a room right?" said a voice from behind us. We turn around. In front of us is an elderly woman. Her grey hair stuck up in all different directions and a headband that keeps it from falling on her face. She had a yellow dress on and a dark red apron on top. "I'm the dorm matron for the Polaris Dormitory. You'll call me Miss Fumio, 'Maria of the Polaris', got it?" 'Arghhhh. Why am I in weirdo land again.'

She then asked us if we bought ingredients for some acceptance challenge. When Soma and I said we didn't bring any ingredients she said we don't get a room and we lose by default. Apparently, those who don't show their talent don't deserve a place in in the dorm. "Then what do we do tonight?" Soma asked. "Sleep outside, I guess," she said as if it was the most obvious answer. "Oh come one! It's freezing outside!" I exclaimed. Very loudly. Well, you can't blame me. I am feeling exhausted and hungry after a really long hike them I am told I need to sleep outside in April's cold air.

"Give it up for today. There are only a few leftovers from today and mostly used ingredients. Try again a different da-" "Can you please show us the leftovers?" Soma interrupted her. Soma gives me a look and I nod. "We accepted your challenge. Show us to the kitchen. We then followed her to the kitchen.

Let's just say, the kitchen is definitely not something you would expect after looking at the state of the rest of the building. It looked very modern and clean. Everything seem to shine and glimmer. Well, at least I kept these thoughts to myself. Soma actually voiced them out and I could sense that Fumio-san wasn't pleased. "Now listen hear kids. I hate people that are all talk." She said, "Do you have any idea how many dishes I have tried in my life? Don't think some food made from scraps will give you guys a passing grade."

Soma and I wandered around the kitchen looking for things we could use in our dish. There were plenty of spices and vegetables. A large amount of equipment was also available to us. I could see Soma eying a can of mackerel from the corner of my eye. His eyes made direct contact with mine, and instantly I understood what he wanted to make. It was like he wirelessly sent the recipe from his brain to mine. I nod in reply.

"Yeah, this will be plenty." Soma said to Fumio-san, "All right. Fumio-san of the Polaris Dorm-" "-Wait right there for a few minutes!" I finished for him. We started to prep ourselves up to cook until someone poked their head through the kitchen door. The person had light brown curly hair and cyan blue eyes.

"Isshiki-senpai?!" I exclaimed.

What is he doing here? Does he live here? 

【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】

Author's Note:

School is starting soon for me... Arghhhhh!!!

Thank you for 8000+ reads and 300+ votes. I appreciate all of them.

Please comment, vote and share and suggestions you might have!

(Word count: 1075)     (28th January 2018)

- Vina