.: Chapter 18 :.

Copyright and Disclaimer:

I do not own Shokugeki no Soma, or any of its characters, sadly. It all belongs to, Yūto Tsukuda and Yoshitomo Yonetani. Only the character Yukihira Saika belongs to me.

【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】

"Pssssssst... Oi, Sai-chan get up."

I half open my eyes and see the blurry outline of Soma in front of me.

"Go away. It's too early to be woken up." I said. Burying my head under my blanket.

"Do you even know what time it is?"

"Nope! Now go... I need sleep." came my muffled reply.

"Pleaseeeeee, Sai-chan. I'm gonna challenge Isshiki-senpai when he wakes up."

"What has this got to do with me?"

"Because, you are my dear sister."

I uncover my head to see Soma smiling down on me. I roll my eyes. His constant whining had already woken me up. I look to my side to see my clock telling me that it's 05:04.

"I'm up. Now let your 'dear sister' get ready. I'll meet you in the cafeteria in twenty minutes." I said.

He saluted and marched out the room like a soldier. I sweatdrop. It's way too early in the morning to deal with him.

Twenty minutes later I see Soma sitting cross legged on a chair in the middle of the cafeteria. He was wearing his 'Yukihira' shirt and black pants with his signature white ribbon. I yawned and grabbed a chair to sit next to him. I was wearing my grey sweatpants from the night before with my 'Yukihira' shirt.

"Should I also..." I started pointing to his ribbon thing.

"Yeah you should."

I sighed and unwrapped my bandana from my arm and tied it around my head. "Now, Sai-chan. When Isshiki-senpai and the other walk through that door, let's do this." Soma then explained his plan to me. It was both very ridiculous and very Yukihira-like.

We just sat there in the middle of the room... FOR TWO HOURS. The sun was barely up, so why should I be up? I then heard a yawn. All the other Polaris members started coming. Soma and I then looked up dramatically.

"You passed on it yesterday, Isshiki-senpai, but we are calling it on you now." I started.

"I challenge you for the seventh seat." Soma ended.

There was complete silence for 5 seconds.

"I'm sorry, Saika, Soma. It looks like I didn't get to explain these 'challenges' thoroughly enough. You see, these 'challenges' at Totsuki are special."Soma and I looked at him, completely confused. Once breakfast was served, Isshiki-senpai explained these 'challenges' to us.

"So the whole point of this 'challenge' was to resolve disputes in Totsuki among students. For these challenges to happen there are a set number of requirements. If the either of you were to challenge me for my seat in the council, you would have to offer up something of equal value."

"Not even your expulsion would be enough." Fumio-san added.

"What? Seriously?!" Soma and I said.

"Not even close! Council Seats are much more valuable than that."

Fumio said that the Polaris Dormitory used to have multiple members who were a part of the council and how there were new students every year. "Compared to them, you lot are pathetic."

"I'm so sick of hearing that!"

"At least you have one and be thankful for that."

"If I accepted your challenge, it would be possible to go through with it, but I don't want to see you two expelled from the institute." Isshiki said while shaking his head.

"Man, I was so excited , I even woke up at 5 this morning, isn't that right Sai-chan?" My twin said, looking down at me. By that time my forehead had already found a new attraction to the table.

"Ehhh? Saicchi? Are you ok?"

"I woke up at 5 in the freaking morning for this."

"Well, on the bright side-" Soma started.

"What bright side?" I question him with a glare.

"We got to learn about the challenges." He replied with a sweatdrop.

I growled at him. Isshiki-senpai then continued and told us for the challenge to be approved there are three things we must have. One, an official to authorise the challenge as legitimate. Two, an odd number of judges. Three, an agreement of terms between both parties. "This legendary one-on-one cooking battle in Totsuki is called a Shokugeki."

Soon after breakfast, everyone went back to their rooms to prepare for school. I met Soma and Tadokoro-san at the front of the dorm.

"Man, I was hoping I could use those challenges on Nakiri." Soma said leisurely.

"W-What? You would never win." Tadokoro said.

"Well, we would never know until we try." I added.

I felt someone looking at me and I turned around. I looked up and saw Isshiki-senpai on the balcony looking down on us three. He was smiling. I then saw Ibusaki-kun with him. I shrugged it off and caught up with the two in front of me.

Shokugeki, huh... Sounds like fun

【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】

A/N:

Wow... me updating a chapter not a few months later... I'm surprised at myself. 

Anyways... Yay, first update of the year.

Please comment whether I should have a a regular updating schedule or not and I will figure one out. 

Please comment, vote and share any suggestions you may have!

(Word count: 798 words)     (3rd January 2019)

- Vina