Not My Decision

"All of the female workers are ordered to and you are no exception" Madame Adelaide gruffly orders, leaving no room to question her

"Yes Madame" I reply.

Even after last night I had yet to come to a decision, I know I procrastinate a lot . Now it's seem I hardly have a decision to make. Madame Adelaide has quite forwardly told me that if I don't enter the competition I'm fired. yes, fired! There's no way my family can afford me loosing my job, we barely get by as it is. At least now I won't be the worst daughter ever. I just have to pray that I'm not chosen, which won't happen anyway. Actually thinking about it this won't be the worst thing to happen to me; I will make my family proud and keep my job just by filling out a stupid form. I can do this.

Once I get home I go straight to the kitchen counter where the dreaded letter has been sitting for day. Picking up the thick envelope of silk paper I rush into my shared room and hope Poppy is not home yet. To my relief the room is empty so I immediately close the door and fall down on the unmade bed. Tentatively opening the delicate packaging I read through the form while mindlessly searching for a pen. Ok first question: name, thats easy Emily Faye. Next, age 18, family Bill Faye, Andrea Faye and Poppy Faye. Not that bad so far. From there the questions became more challenging; What talents do you have? honestly, none (I left this one blank), likes and dislikes, what caste are you in? and finally what kind of personality do you have?. So many questions with no answers. For likes I simple put my family and dislikes, well I would have put the prince but I'm pretty sure that would come with some severe consequences, so I put people who believe looks are all that matter. I hope that wasn't too obvious or rude, but I don't care. I ended up staring at the personality box for the longest contemplating what to write, and ended up putting hardworking and good at perseverance. After I finished I quickly scanned over the form again and am moderately pleased with it. I am aware that it's not the most outstanding application, but it's simple like me and hopefully it might deter them from choosing me. fingers crossed.

Hear the to the door house unlock I fold up the form and slide it back into the envelope, pressing it together to make it seal. Emerging from the room a small figure skips down the narrow corridor and straight at me. However, instead of get my usual hug Poppy snatches the envelope out of my hand and starts to scream the roof off.

"Yay! You did it, you did it you did it. Mum look Em filled out the form, she's going to go to the castle and fall in love with the prince and get married and live happily ever after!" by now I'm pretty sure my ears have been permanently damaged by all the excitement.

"Oh Emily I'm so proud you stops being so stubborn"my mum claps her hands in a cheerful way. Don't get me wrong I love my mum but I also wish she understood why I didn't want to do this.

All there was left to do was post the form and wait.