First Report

Today has been exactly the same as yesterdays. Getting dressed, eating and then mindless conversations in the women room. Instead today something was different but I couldn't put my finger on it. Looking around, the room seemed less crowded.

"Did you hear Lola Crawford got sent home last night?" Elise whispers.

"So did Eliza Norwood. To be honest I never really liked either of them" Grace adds looking at each of us then shrugging her shoulders.

"How did they get kicked out?" I asked expressing my interest.

"Umm... I don't really know" Elise answers. Her expressions start to contort as she thinks upon this.

"They must have insulted the prince in some way" Amber suggests sipping her tea. She doesn't look too overly interested in the topic. We all go silent in thought.

"Ladies, ladies" Julia raises her voice trying to gain our attention. "Later on this evening we will be recording the report. As this is the first report you will be on there are no interviews we are just playing footage from your makeovers to introduce you all to the public. Please be prompt at the recording studio at 4pm sharp. Ladies should never be late" And with than she leaves. As if a wave had crashed over us we all stay silent for just a few moments before voices erupt.

"Oh my gosh, I'm going to go and get ready right now" Elise exclaims jumping up and practically running off. It seems that all the girls had the same idea.

"Come on you don't want to be rushed to get ready" Grace takes my hand and practically drags me towards the door.

"But It's only one o'clock" I argue crossing my arms and pouting childishly.

"Whatever you say" Grace laughs running off. Sighing in relief I go back to my usual spot at the windowsill. Looking out of the window I feel the sun warming my face and smile to myself. I might actually miss this part of the competition. After a few minutes I figure the girls will be waiting for me in my room so I reluctantly sit up and walk down the corridor humming to myself. I'm just about to turn the corner when I get distracted by a bird out of the window and walk straight into the wall. Really? Why does this keep happening? One day my clumsiness might just kill me.

"Tell me why we keep on meeting like this" a low voice laughs. Opening up my eyes I see a pair of dress shoes and internally curse. Thank you universe! note the sarcasm. I feel Like the universe has a personal vendetta against me.

"Umm.. I was just going to my room" I mumble getting up. Suddenly, I see an extended hand and to my surprise it's the prince. Sceptically I take it and he helps me up. But the weirdest thing  is not his help but the fact that we're still holding hands. Feeling that strange feeling flood my body I take back my hand and step away.

"Do you really think you need three hour to get ready?" Prince Cayden questions with a raised eyebrow and putting his hands in his pockets.

"No" I say before thinking. "But the girls probably want me" I quickly recover. This earns a confused look and I have to say this look doesn't look half bad.

"Who are 'the girls'" He questions scratching the back of his neck.

"Oh Anne, Gretel and Lucy" I say as if it's the most obvious thing ever. when his confusion doesn't change I figure out that he's going to need a little more explaining than what I've already said. "My maids" and as the words leave my mouth I can't help feel that they are much more than this. At least to me.

"Well let me walk you to your room" he offers. Seeing the apprehension on my face he quickly adds "I wouldn't want you to walk into anymore walls". And with that I laugh and except his arm. Maybe, just maybe he isn't the devil.