Not So Friendly

I don't see Cayden at breakfast the next morning.

I waste my time sitting in the farthest corner of the women's room with my head stuck into a book. Trying to block out the constant muttered conversations, I focus on the words written on the pages in front of me. The poetry entrances me like no other book has so far. Raw emotions burst through the paper as the narrator fights between love and family. I know it sound cheesy but the anger and love seem so true. Finishing the last line I close the hard cover and take in the slightly crowded room. I can see Grace sitting with Amber and Elise. Honestly I haven't spoken to Grace since the argument and I still don't know where we stand. Putting that problem to the back of my head I turn towards Alice and her crew as she complements her own picture in a magazine. I have to admit she is one of the prettiest girls here, but also so self-centred. Deciding to find another book, I make my way towards the bookshelf and glance over the books. I know everyone says 'you can't judge a book by its cover' but I do and I bet most of the people out there do. Finally finding an interesting enough book I quietly slip out of the room knowing no-one will be missing me. Pushing myself down endless corridors I abruptly stop when a figure approaches me. None other than Lewis.

"I was just coming to get you" he smiles down at me and without a second thought starts pushing me down the corridor.

"Where are we going?" I ask baffled at his quick action.

"On our date" he chuckles.

"Date?" I nervously laugh.

"You did say you would have lunch with me" he reminds me. Ugh I hadn't thought he meant it as a date. I just presumed it was a friendly thing. Silence takes over as he pushes me through the glass doors and towards a table.

"Thank you" I mumble as he leaves me at my side of the table and goes to sit on the opposite empty chair.

"So how come you're here?" Lewis asks while picking up a sandwich.

"What do you mean" I follow his action and choose a sandwich for myself.

"Why did you enter the competition?" he rephrases his question.

"Because my boss said if I didn't she'd fire me" I answer honestly taking a bite of the food.

"So what you're saying is that you have no interest in my cousin" he states matter of factly while finishing off his sandwich and noticeably moving his chair closer.

"Well-" I'm cut off before I have to try and explain our complicated relationship.

"Good" he huskily grunts, once again moving closer so he is now right next to me. "That means there's nothing stopping us" he mischievously grins down at me as my mind becomes blank. Oh god what's happening? Before I can figure out the answer I feel his hand on my bare thigh and slowly start to travel underneath the hem of my dress. Wearing a short dress was defiantly the worst idea. Completely frozen I watch in fear as his body becomes ever closer to mine.

Suddenly the thick tension is cut by a loud cough.

"Sorry to interrupt but we need to get Lady Emily ready for tonights report" I hear Ann's voice. Visibly sighing in relief I let Lilly push me away from Lewis and to comfortable safety.

How did this happen?