Blame

Cayden POV
Upon hearing the alarm the dinning room goes into ear splitting silence. My mind working quickly I pick up Avery, put her into my mothers arms and push them towards the nearest guards. Turning to the dinning table I begin to panic as I fail to see the familiar blonde hair. Starting to rush to find her I'm stopped by a strong set of arms and brought away as I hear Emily's voice ring through the room.

 Starting to rush to find her I'm stopped by a strong set of arms and brought away as I hear Emily's voice ring through the room

Sitting in the safe room is torture knowing that Emily is out there somewhere and I can't do anything to help.

"She's going to be ok Cayden. The guards will find her" my mother tries to console me as I endlessly rack my fingers through my hair.

A few escrutiating miniutes pass until the door opens once again. Watching the girls rush in fills me with relief until I realise one is missing.

"Girls each of you have a bed set up around the room. Try your best to calm down and get some rest" My father orders as all hope is lost and my world starts to crumble. Feeling a strong hand grab hold of my shoulder, I turn around to meet my fathers face. "You need to go and comfort the girls" he suggests tilting his head towards a hysteric Alice. Trying my hardest to collect myself I nod and make my way towards her.

"Alice are you ok?" I half heartedly ask from the end of the bed. Her head quickly whips around to me and I take in her makeup smudged face.

"Oh Cayden, I thought I'd never see you again" Alice cries while launching herself into my arms. Awkwardly patting her back I wait until she calms down enough to get out a coherent sentence. "I was running with the other girls into the kitchen until a rebel grabbed me. He nearly killed me Cayden" she begins to breakdown again. "A-and then Em-Emily pushed me"  she finished.

"Where's Emily?" I rush out.

"I dont know" she brushes off like she doesn't care. "As I said she pushed me so that I was in the kitchen and then I heard her scream" she explains only really focusing on herself. "Look at what  he did to me!", Alice pushes her arm in front of my face so I can see a cut.

"I'll get a medical kit" I mumble walking across the room. Reaching the cupboard I quickly rummage through it, trying not to panic about Emily. But how could I not? She's out there with god knows what happening to her and I'm sitting down here. Taking a deep breath I grab the medical kit and make my way back over to Alice. I hear her babble on about herself but I'm able to block everything out and focus on wrapping up her arm. That's until I hear a sharp scream. Her scream. I take in Emily's disheveled appearance until I see her blood soaked dress.

This is all my fault.