The Morning After

Our lips press against each other as he loops his arms around my waist and pulls me against his chest. Relaxing into the kiss I let my hands reach around his neck and slowly play with his hair.

Pulling away from each other I can see the excitement in his sparkling sky blue eyes as a small smirk covers his mouth. Unable to stand his intense gaze any longer my eyes avert and I see the multiple pairs of eyes engulfing the scene in front of them. Perfect. I'm never going to hear the end of this. Feeling Cayden rest his head in the crook of my neck I abruptly whisper to him.

"Cayden Everyones watch".

"I don't care" he mumbles into my neck sending socks down my body. Feeling uncomfortable under everyones persistent stares I wriggle out his grasp. " You should get some rest" he reluctantly says while grabbing a pillow and lying down on the floor next to the bed.

"What are you doing?" I ask looking down at him.

"Going to sleep" he says in a duh tone.

"On the floor?" I persist.

"Yes. I'm not leaving incase you need something" he argues in a strong voice.

"You can't sleep on the floor" I insist starting to shuffle over.

"Emily stop moving you're going to hurt yourself. I'm perfectly fine on the floor" he tries to reason.

"No you're not. There's enough room up here" I casually say leaning back into my pillow after making sure there indeed is enough space for him. I can tell he's giving me a questioning look but I just ignore it. Seeming to finally give in he moves to lie next to me and snake an arm around my waist. With him by my side I fall into a deep sleep.

I wake up to the feeling of something on my shoulder

I wake up to the feeling of something on my shoulder. Annoyed, I wriggle to try and get it off but this only end in a small giggle. Trying to turn over I'm stopped when a pair of arms pull me to a hard chest. Allowing my eyes to flutter open I'm greeted by Cayden's sleepy face. Before I can even begin to wake up fully I hear a voice behind me.

"Avery let them be" the queen says and a few minutes later the room is silent. Just as I'm about to fall back to sleep I feel Cayden move next to me.

"Morning" his husky morning voice grumbles against my neck. Feeling the pain in my leg rapidly increase memories from last night come flooding back. Abruptly sitting up I go to stand but am pulled back onto the bed. "Your leg" Cayden say worriedly running his hand over my leg to check it.

"It's fine I have to go and check on my maids" I insist refusing to listen to him.

"No you have to get to the hospital wing" he counters in a serious tone.

"What if something happened to them?" I continue to think the worst.

"They are fine, I'll have someone check on them" he offers trying to comfort me.