CHAPTER 7

H A R R Y

It's been a week since Olivia was forced to leave the diner with those three guys and everyone could tell that she wasn't the same.

She would come in to school late more times than often, she wouldn't hang out with us after school anymore, she would sometimes come in with bruises on her face and she would always say that she fell down the stairs or tripped over or something; I didn't believe her for a second.

We haven't hung out or talked in what seems like forever. I'd always ask her if she needed a ride home or if she wanted to go out but she always declined.

Today was the weekend and I had nothing planned for the day. Zayn had plans with Gigi, he said he asked her on a date but I don't think studying for a test would class as a date. Niall was out doing stuff with some of his friends at his frat house and Lorrie was up to God knows what.

I was eating my cereal when I heard my phone go off.

Olivia: Hey, need a distraction. Free to go to the movies? xx

A smile crept onto my face when I read the text. I know I sound like a lovesick arse but I can't help the fact that Olivia is one of the very small amount of people who make me happy.

I'm glad that she came to me instead of Lorrie or Zayn and Niall. I was surprised but generally happy that she was starting to find comfort in me.

Me: Sure, what time?

Olivia: 11 okay?

Me: Great, see you later.

I checked the time and saw that I had an hour to get ready, so I took time to write the rest of my essay before getting ready to see Olivia.

***

I stood waiting outside of the movies for Olivia. She was ten minutes late and I was starting to worry where she was and if she was okay or if she was planning on ditching me.

I calmed down when I saw her walking up to me. She was wearing grey skinny jeans and a plaid flannel shirt. She gave me a warm smile when she saw me, "Sorry I'm late, trouble at home."

"I could have picked you up." I say.

She cups my cheek and looks into my eyes. She does this a lot because she knows I worry about her all the time which I find comforting but sometimes I think she just uses it to distract me. "I'm okay Harry."

I let out a breath and nod my head, "What movie did you want to see?"

"Baby Driver. I was supposed to see it with Lorrie but she ditched me to hang out with Niall and everyone." I nod, not knowing what the film is about but if it means I get to spend time with Olivia, I couldn't care less.

"I'm guessing Lorrie likes Niall." I question.

"She's had an obsession with him since senior year." She laughs.

We walk up to the counter to get our tickets for the movie. Olivia asks for popcorn and a hot dog, "I'll pay." I say, taking out my wallet.

"Harry, let me pay." She begs but I smirk and hand the guy the money for the tickets and the food. "You're pure evil, Styles." She grumbles and I just laugh.

We walk into the screening and sit right at the back. There weren't many people here besides a group of teenagers and two other couples.

The lights dim down and the movie starts playing, I grab a piece of popcorn from the bag on Olivia's lap and she snorts. I turn to look at her and her eyes are glued onto the screen but a smirk lingers on her face.