CHAPTER 9

H A R R Y

A week had passed since Niall's birthday and everything seemed to be going uphill since. My relationship with Olivia had been getting better, we hang out at the diner every so often and she seems to open up to me a lot more than before.

She was also there to help me try out for the basketball team. Since I was taking up sports and had a deep passion for it, I decided to take part in the school's basketball team to take up my free time. I managed to get myself a place and Olivia promised she would make most of my games which made me smile. A lot.

Me, Zayn and Niall had just finished our class with our new teacher and were making our way to the dining hall for lunch.

I immediately smiled when I saw Liv and Lorrie sitting together at the usual table they would sit at. I brought my lunch and walked over to the table. "Hey guys." I said and Olivia looked up and smiled at me.

"Harry! Maybe you can talk some sense into Olivia. This guy in her class asked her out on a date and she said no but he's totally hot so I need you to persuade her to change her answer." Lorrie said.

I gulped, "You said no?"

"Well yeah, besides I'm kind of waiting for someone else to ask me out..." She smirks and I wonder if she's talking about me. Lorrie nudges me and Zayn and Niall mouth something to me.

"O-oh. I hope whoever you want to ask you out, asks you out soon." I pretend to act clueless to the idea. I really want to ask her to go out with me but it's hard when I'm being put on the spot.

"Me too." She gives me a small smile and gets up to leave, Lorrie following after.

"Dude what the fuck?" Zayn slaps my chest.

"What did I do now?" I roll my eyes.

"She was pretty much pointing out the fact that she wants you to ask her out." Niall says.

"What if it wasn't me she was talking about?" I say, trying to think up excuses as to why I hadn't asked her yet.

"Do you know how much she asks about you when she's around my place?" I smile a little at the fact that Olivia talks about me when I'm not around.

"Do you like her?" Niall asks.

"Yeah, a lot." I admit.

"Well then grow a pair and ask her out!" Zayn slaps my back.

"Okay, I'll ask her tonight." I say, mostly to myself. We finish up our lunch and head back to our next class.

I get home a little later than usual due to hanging out with Niall and Zayn. I don't bother cooking anything so I order myself a pizza.

As soon as it is delivered I decide on calling my mum. "Hello?" My mother's voice says into the phone.

"Hey mum." I say.

"Harry! How are you doing? Settling in well?" She asks.

"Very. Sorry for not calling for a while, it's been pretty hectic." I apologise, the last time I talked to my mum was two weeks ago and I miss her a lot.

"It's fine, love. I'm sure things are pretty hectic over there."

"You have no idea!" I sigh, thinking about the girl whose stayed in my mind for most part of the day.

"Any girlfriends yet?" She chuckles.

"Well, there is one girl who I actually really like." I blush. I feel weird talking with my mum about this stuff.

"Really? What's her name? What's she like?" She questions.

"Olivia Rose. I've been trying to get her to open up to me and we've recently become really good friends. I really like her mum. She's beautiful." I ramble.

"Have you asked her on a date?"

"No, I'm planning on doing it though."

"Make sure to ask her now before anyone else gets her. You seem to like her very much by the way you talk about her." Mum advises.

"I am." I huff.

We talk for a little while longer until I realise the time and say I have some homework to finish off. I put my phone down and get up to put the pizza box into the trash and return to sit back down on the couch.

It's quiet. All I can hear is the traffic going on outside and the noise from the other apartments in the building. Sometimes it gets lonely in this apartment and I find myself thinking of people I want to share it with then I end up thinking about Olivia.

Olivia. I try to push myself into asking her out but always end up backing out. What if I'm right? What if she's waiting for someone else to ask her out?

Zayn: Asked her yet?

Me: No.

Zayn: Grow a pair Harry, what's the worst that could go wrong?

I sigh at Zayn's text. Asking her out could possibly change everything between us and I'd have to start to build our relationship back all over again but my feelings have been growing for her and it's either now or never.

Before I realise what I'm doing, I press the call button on her contact and lift my phone up to my ear. After a few rings she picks up. "Hey Harry." She breaths.

"Hello Liv." I grin at the sound of her voice.

"What's up?" I hear shuffling in the background.

"I-I need to ask you something..." I stutter.

"Sure, anything."

I take a deep breath, "Would you like to go out with me on a date tomorrow?" I ask.

"I've been waiting for you to ask." She tells me and my shoulders relax and I let out the air I had been holding.

"Really?"

"Yes." I can feel her smiling through the phone.

"So I'll pick you up at eight tomorrow evening?" I check.

"Definitely." She chuckles.

"Okay, well great! I'll see you tomorrow." I grin.

"Bye Harry." She says.

"Bye Olivia." I end the call and am unable to wipe the smile off my face but then realise that I have a date to plan.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm watching the new ghostbusters and seeing Kristen Wiig reminds me of Harry Styles.

This was a bit of a filler.

I'm so happy with how the amount of reads I'm gaining on Spaces. The story is so special to me and It's a big accomplishment so I'm so happy with all your support for it.

I'm going to start putting images into the chapters from now on for the outfits because all of my outfits are inspired by tumblr and it gives you more of an idea of what the outfits look like.

*Please Vote, Comment and Share*

-Chloe xx