CHAPTER 28

H A R R Y

It's been two days since Bella started to get sick and she's not doing any better.

Today is the third day and I promised Olivia to take her to the doctors whilst she's at work. "I love you baby." Olivia kissed her daughter on the forehead as Bella's head rested on my chest as I held her in my arms.

"I wove you mommy." She lets out a cough and I flinch at how terrible her cough is.

"You promise to call me after you see the doctor?" Olivia points at me.

"I promise baby." I kiss her lips and she smiles into the kiss making me pinch her butt as she stands on her toes to reach my lips.

"I love you." She tells me, a smile forming on my face as the words leave her mouth.

"I love you too." I kiss her again before she leaves me and a sick three year old together.

"Daddy, I don't wanna see the doctor." Bella pouts and reaches out for me, making grabby hands indicating me to lift her up.

"You need to see the doctor so you can get better princess." I tell her and she buries her face into my neck. I grab my jacket and a blanket to wrap around her trembling body. I lock the door to the apartment and leave, driving to the hospital.

As soon as we get there, we go to the lady at the desk who asks us to wait until Bella's name is called. She stays on my lap and I rub my hand up and down her back as she coughs and shivers. "Can I sleep Daddy?" Bella's eyes flutter shut.

"Not yet babe but when you've finished with the doctor, you can sleep." I kiss her warm forehead and brush the hair from her face.

After a while, we are called into the doctor's room and she tells Bella to lay on the bed so she can check up on her. Bella doesn't let go of me so I hold her hand as the doctor checks up on her.

My head pinches when Bella has to have the stick shoved into her mouth so the doctor can see her tonsils. Her eyes water and she shoves the doctors hand away saying she doesn't like it.

"Is it bad?" I ask the doctor as Bella slowly falls asleep in my arms.

"Not too bad, just a chest infection that will go in about a week if she takes antibiotics." The Doctor says and signs the bottom of the prescription.

"Thank you." I say and shake her hand. She smiles down at Bella who's fast sleep and we leave the room, heading to the pharmacy.

Whilst we wait for our medicine, I decide to call Olivia and she picks up after the third ring, "Hey handsome, did you find out about Bella?" I smile at the nickname.

"The doctor said she has a chest infection which should go away in about a week." I tell her. I hear a car engine in the background and I furrow my eyebrows, thinking she's suppose to be at work.

"Um, so I picked up an extra shift today. I was wondering if that was okay?" She seemed unsure.

"Yeah sure. Is everything okay?" I questioned and I could hear her inhale.

"Everything's fine." She seemed distant but I'm guessing the diner is pretty busy.

"Okay baby, I'll see you tonight." I say. We say our goodbyes and I hang up the phone.

Once the medicine was ready, I grab it and head back to the car holding Bella close to my chest. It was strange since I swear I could feel something wasn't right, it felt like I was being watched like that lingering feeling you get when someone's eyes are on you.