CHAPER 14

O L I V I A

I promised myself that after Bella was born, I'd never get drunk again but the pounding in my head and the stench of alcohol would explain why I don't remember a thing from last night.

I groan as I sit up from the couch I was laying on. My eyesight is blurry but soon focuses and I realise I'm in my own house.

I have no idea how I got here as the last thing I remember was going down to the pub and taking one too many drinks after getting angry at Harry.

I feel irresponsible for my actions last night and can't help but think about Marie's reaction when I probably walked into the house, drunk. Hopefully, Bella was asleep by then.

My thoughts divert when I hear the sound of giggling and the smell of pancakes. I smile, knowing exactly who that laughs belong to, and get up to walk into the kitchen.

I walk into the kitchen and to say I'm shocked is the understatement of the century.

Harry is standing there with my little girl, making pancakes.

Bella giggles as Harry rubs pancake batter on her cheeks and Bella does the same to him. He grabs a towel and wipes the batter off of his face and smiles when Bella picks up the spoon and starts licking it.

A small smile plays on my lips when I see the two together but I start to worry when I realise Harry is with my daughter.

"Mommy!" Bella runs over to me and I pick her up, her small legs wrap around my waist.

"How's my little princess?" I kiss all over her face and she laughs.

"Feeling better mommy?" She asks, her curly hair a mess in the morning.

"Yes baby." I feel guilt wash over me. Did she see me last night?

"Good." I smile and she kisses my nose before rubbing our noses together like she always does.

Bella is always one for comfort. She loves cuddles, kisses and I love that about her because I love cuddling my baby.

I put her down and look at Harry who's staring intently at our interaction. "Morning." I say.

"Good morning, Marie went out to the shop so I said I'd look after Bella." He knows Bella is my daughter but he doesn't look at me any differently. I'm still mad at him though.

"Mommy you want my pancake?"  Bella gives me a plate with a burnt pancake, handing it to me proudly.

"Thank you baby. It looks amazing!" I say and she grins up at me.

I set it down on the table and walk to the coffee machine to make myself a coffee. I feel eyes burning on me at my actions and I know it's Harry.

He serves Bella a pancake and she struggles get up on the chair so he picks her up and sits her down. "Tank you Hawwy." I chuckle at how she can't say Harry's name properly.

It's quiet and the only thing that can be hear is Bella singing as she eats. "I finished mommy." She hands me her plate. "I go play now." She points to the lounge and I nod, kissing her forehead.

I place our plates into the sink. "Can we talk?" Harry asks and I turn to face him.

"Talk about what? How you snooped into my business." I glare at him.

"I told you I'm sorry but everything I know; it doesn't change anything." He walks closer to me and I stay in my place.

"It changes everything Harry! If you stay with me you will forever be looking over your shoulder hoping that no one is their to try and kill you." A tear rolls down my cheek.