CHAPTER 32

H A R R Y

2 months.

Two months have gone by and Olivia still hasn't woken up. We thought she would be okay by now but she's still the same as before, not much really changing.

Finch and Cole had been put into prison for twenty years for assault, drug smuggling and murder. Apparently it wasn't just Olivia they had been using to pay for drugs but Olivia was one of the main targets. I was finally relieved when the trial was over and they were sentenced. Olivia would finally breathe again.

Within the past few months Bella had turned four in May. I was upset that Olivia would miss our daughter's fourth birthday. I asked Bella if she wanted to have a birthday party and invite some of her friends from Daycare but she said she simply wanted to spend it with her mummy.

So we had a little party in Olivia's hospital room where we shared funny memories, ate food and played music. It was probably one of the most happiest days in the past two months.

The doctor said that most of Olivia's internal organs had healed and they took her off life support for a few days to see how much she was improving on her own.

Today was the start of a new month, I was getting ready for work and helping Bella get ready for Daycare.

I had dropped out of university so I could focus on Bella and work. It was hard balancing everything and having exams to study so with the help of my mother, I decided to leave.

To be honest, school was never really for me. I never enjoyed it as much as I should have and I didn't really need it. In fact, the only thing it really bought me was Olivia and that's all I needed from now. I would miss playing sports but there was always a gym close by to where we lived and there were local teams as well.

I got a job at a small publishing house where I read manuscripts and decide on things I like and dislike. It's great because I can spend more time at home and work at healthy hours of the day.

"C'mon princess, we need to go to daycare." I grab her lunchbag and her hand and we head to the car.

"Can we visit mommy today?" Bella asks, she isn't the same without Olivia. I can tell that a little bit of light has left her and everyday she always asks me when her mum will wake up again.

"Of course baby, I'll pick you up later and we can go visit her." We get to the daycare and I kiss Bella goodbye and she goes to play with her friends.

Before heading to work, I do my usual routine of checking up on Olivia. I visit her whenever I have breaks at work and every weekend too.

I drive up to the hospital and am immediately welcomed by some of Olivia's nurses. "Hello Mr Styles." They greet and I smile at them saying 'hello' back.

"Any signs?" I sigh, hoping the answer will be yes.

"She hasn't been put back on life support which is good but there are times when her breathing is unsteady so we have to give her oxygen. She hasn't shown any signs of waking up but sometimes you can tell she's fighting, just by the heart monitor." The nurse gives me a small smile and I thank them both, heading into Olivia's room.

The room is so familiar to me now. It's not as depressing as when we first came here, due to the amount of drawings stuck up from Bella. Olivia's bed has a pink fluffy blanket over her white sheet from the hospital and a lot of flowers from visitors.

My mum even came over for a week, she got to know Bella more and fell in love with her instantly. I'm glad my mum has a good relationship with her.

I open the curtains and the sun comes in throught the window panes, reflecting the light on Olivia's face. I walk over to her bed and sit down, immediately grabbing her hand. "Hey beautiful."

It's silent.

Usually she would blush whenever I said the word beautiful to her. She would smack me on the chest and say she was anything but beautiful. Obviously, I disagreed.

"Bella's at daycare again today. She misses you a lot, she wants to come visit you when I pick her up at the end of the day, so I won't be gone for too like yesterday. The nurses said you're fighting which is good but I really miss you and hope you come home to me soon baby." I kiss the back of her hand and hold it to my cheek; it's ice cold.

I kiss her forehead and the machine starts going crazy. Olivia starts shaking but her eyes are still closed. I start to panic and run into the corridor, "Somebody help, my girlfriend needs help!" I yell and the doctors and nurses run to her room.

They try to calm her down, the nurse yelling things and the doctor checking her vitals. I stand outside the room, watching through the glass. My beautiful girl in pain as the doctors poke and prod at her trying to get her to calm down.

"Mr Styles," The brunette nurse walks over to me and I turn to face her. "The doctors have decided to put Miss Rose back on life support."

"W-what, w-why? I thought she was doing okay?" I panic.

"Miss Rose's breathing is very unsteady, so we're going to be putting her on oxygen." She explains.

"You told me she was getting better." I start pacing, slowly losing hope that Olivia is actually getting better. "It was just one gun shot she should be okay by now."

"A gun shot that almost hit her heart. Her brain is in a state of shock and she needs the rest." She tries but I don't want to listen.

Olivia should be getting better, she should be awake by now but she's not and it kills me. Bella misses her mum so much and I miss my girlfriend, we can't function without her and the thought of her leaving kills me.

"Will she still be okay, will she make it?" I ask.

"She's a fighter Mr Styles." Was all she said before leaving.

--------------------------------------------

I know rubbish chapter sorrrryyy

Might update again since I haven't updated all week.

So excited for next week!!!!

Btw I've unpublished Shattered because the book is quite long and I want to improve the chapters I've written so far. I'm not really happy with it so I'm going to go through it and improve then publish it xx

*Please vote, comment and share*

-Chloe xx