CHAPTER 22

O L I V I A

The sound of beeping enters my ears and my eyes slowly open. I first meet the white ceiling but my eyes scan around the room, taking in my surroundings.

I'm in the last place I planned on being. I groan and try to move but my stomach hurts along with every other part of my body.

I feel a weight on my leg and look down to see a head of messy brown curls lying on me. I smile and move my hand through his hair, causing him to stir.

He sits up and looks at me, sighing in relief. "You're okay." My eyes soften as I take in his appearance.

Black bags under his eyes and his lips are chapped. His cheeks are a tint of red and his hair is all over the place. "I'm okay." I assure him and he grabs my hand placing a kiss on the back of it.

"I was so scared. Lorrie called me after midnight and said Finch ordered people to beat you up." A tear rolls down his cheek and I quickly wipe it away.

"I'm here now, I'm okay." I whisper. I move over in the uncomfortable bed, "Lay down with me."

He takes off his shoes and climbs into the hospital bed. He holds onto me tightly an buries his face in my neck. "I'm sorry I couldn't protect you." He says.

"You don't need to be sorry Harry. None of this was your fault, I should have been more careful." I tell him, annoyed that he thinks he has to apologise for this when he had nothing to do with the situation last night.

"I love you." He mutters and kisses me on the lips.

"I love you more." I kiss his forehead.

"Not possible." He mutters and I let out a laugh but stop when I feel the pain in my stomach.

The door clicks open and in comes a man. He has black hair and dark green eyes, he looks quite young maybe slightly older than me. He's cute. "Miss Rose, you came in last night unconscious and showed severe signs of bruising and a concussion?" He asks, his voice deep.

"Yes. At least I think so, I don't really know since I was unconscious." I chuckled and flinched.

"Of course. I'm just going to check up on your bruises and all that business, so if I may..." he indicates to my gown and I blush.

I start to lift up my gown but Harry stops me, "Can't I just check up on her? I don't appreciate other people seeing my girlfriends body." He grumbled.

"This is strictly for Miss Rose's health, Mr Styles and in order for her to get better I need to check her bruising and cuts." He says but Harry's hold on me tightens.

"Can we at least get a female nurse?" Harry asks. I don't bother getting in the way since I know he won't stop until he gets his own way.

"If that makes you feel better." The doctor says and walks out to find a female nurse.

"Harry, you could have just let him see for at least a second." I said.

"He was eyeballing you and I didn't like it. I was uncomfortable and protecting you from a pervert." I hit him hard on the shoulder.

"You're unbelievable." I scoffed.

"Just protecting my girlfriend." He kissed my cheek and I couldn't help but grin.

The doctor comes back in with a nurse and she asks me to lift up my gown, which Harry finally allows. She presses down on my stomach with the tips of her fingers and I suck in a harsh breath.

I look at Harry who's looking at my bruises. His eyes are soft and he bites his lip. "Is it that bad?" I ask, unable to actually see the bruises.

"I-it's fine." I look at him with an 'are you serious?' look to which he responds, "You're okay and that's what matters most right now." 

The nurse looks at my cuts which are now stitched up. "You're bruising is very serious but there's not much we can do besides give you pain killers and ice it daily. We can allow you to go home tonight but you must stay with a guardian." She advises and I look up at Harry who's smiling down at me.

Usually, I don't have any company when I'm at the hospital so for him to be there means the world to me.

The nurse and doctor leave, saying that the nurse would come back with the prescription later. "I need to pee." I tell Harry and he nods.

He helps me to the bathroom, cautious of the bruises all over my body. "Just yell if you need help." He says and I nod. He shuts the door and leaves me to go to the toilet.

When I've finished my business, I walk out and Harry immediately walks to my side and helps me get back onto the bed. "We need to talk." He says and I already have a feeling about what he wants to discuss.

"I don't want you to pay for Cole anymore." He looks at me worriedly. "I hate that this is normal to you. Olivia, I had to pick you up after midnight to find your broken body bleeding out right in front of me. I can't see you like that again not when you mean this much to me. I love you Olivia, I can't loose you to them."

"Harry-" He cuts me off.

"I know it's you're job but I don't want you to get hurt. We can call the police and fix everything. I don't want you to get hurt anymore, no more." He pleads.

I think about it. I've thought about going to the police before but Finch is clever and the last time I did that he threatened to kill Marie and Bella when she was only a year old.

I can't let Harry get hurt. I promised myself that I wouldn't let Harry get harmed or pulled into this no matter what and I can't break that promise now.

"Harry, I understand that you hate me doing this and if I were you I'd hate it too but, I need to do this not only for Cole but for Bella as well." I gulp and our foreheads press together as I continue to talk. "As long as I pay off the rest of his debts and Cole stays far away from me and Bella and you, then I'm fine."

"I just hate seeing you get hurt baby." He presses a kiss to my temple.

"I know but it's my job to protect Bella and you." I assure him and he nods, kissing my lips.

"Just so you know, I'm not letting you go out on your own ever again." He says and I roll my eyes.

I turn my head when the nurse walks in she hands me the prescription and says I'm free to go anytime before 7pm.

I turn over the receipt and see a number on it, a phone number to be precise. I can't help but start laughing and Harry looks at me, confused. "What's so funny?" He asks.

"You know how you asked for a nurse instead of the doctor?" He nods. "Well I don't think it made much of a difference."

I hand him the receipt and he hold backs a laugh. "There's no way to win is there?" He grumbles.

"What can I say? Look at me." I joke and he throws his head back and laughs out loud.

--------------------------------------------------

Okay so holy shiiit. Harry performed live for the first time as a solo artist on SNL and I was pissing myself.

He was so cute and I can't even deal rn and the Mick Jagger skit made me cry.

It was just so perfect.

Anyway, I promise Bella will be in the next chapter because I really miss writing about her.

*Please vote, comment and share*

-Chloe xx