What?! I Go to School With Supernatural Freaks?! [Chapter 10]

Chapter 10

****RECAP****

Amanda and John talked to Amanda's dad about Amanda being a witch. Her dad admitted to it, but also found out that John was one of the shape-shifters. He forbid Amanda and John to see each other ever again...

***************

Because I had thrown my alarm clock at my door last night, I was now late getting up for school.

I was now rushing to throw on the first pair of clothes that I could find and grab a granola bar before running out of the house and into my yellow Jeep Wrangler. Also known as, my baby.

As I drove to school I tried to think what I was going to do. I sure as hell was not going to let my father decide who I could and could not see.

I pulled into my parking space with a minute to spare. I didn't bother looking for my friends as I raced into the school trying to get to my first period.

My friends were not the type that cared weather or not they were late for first period, and for some reason the teachers did not care either. If I really wanted to, I probably could get away with it also. But no, I would rather be on time.

I had plans for myself, you know?

Anyways I slid into my seat in first period, math, right before the bell rang. I let out a sigh of relief before pulling out my text book and binder.

You know those classes that you /hate/ but you are still good at them for some reason? Yeah, well that's math for me. I absolutely hate this class, but I always get good grades.

Funny how these things work out.

"You may now work together with partners of your choice." The teacher's words interrupted my inner babble.

As I looked around I noticed that my best friend Clare was working with another girl that looked unfamiliar.

Confused I got up and made my way over to Clare, "Don't you want to be partners?"

"Oh, so you're talking to me again?" She said in a snotty voice. The voice she used whenever some wannabe tried talking to us.

"What are you talking about?" I gave her a 'what the fuck?' look.

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe something to do with the fact that you haven't said anything more than simple answers to me since a few weeks ago."

"Oh really, I'm sorry, but incase you didn't realize, my mother just died!" What was her problem? Couldn't she understand that this was hard for me?

"I understand that, but after school, or in the hallways I see you talking to that freak of nature, John whatever his name is and his friends. You seem alright talking to them." She rolled her eyes at me.

"He's been there for me throughout this. Unlike some people." I could feel my voice rise, and I was partially aware that the rest of the class had quieted down.

"What are you talking about? Do you know how many times I've tried to talk to you, to show you how sorry I am about that?" Her voice was also getting louder, and she was now standing also.

"That's the problem! I don't want your damn pity! I need someone to understand. And John does. You don't, you have both of your parents still live and healthy."

I did not have time to react before she brought her hand back and slapped me across the face. I was holding my now sore cheek while she said, "It doesn't matter. I thought I was your best friend." Before she stormed out of the room.

As I looked around the room I noticed that every single person in the room was watching our scene, and the teacher had mysteriously disappeared (though that is not anything new).

I thought about making my way back to my seat and doing the work. But I could not. There was just way to much happening.

Never in a million years would I have believed that I would one day skip class. But that was what I was doing now.

I grabbed my backpack and slung it over my shoulder before grabbing my books and walking out the open door. I did not know where I was going, but I was definitely not staying here.

The hallways were the emptiest that I had ever seen them, and it almost had an eerie feeling. But as I made my way out the school doors I chose to ignore that feeling.

However I could not ignore the fact that John was also walking away from the school. I ran to catch up to him, "Hey, shouldn't you be in school?" I questioned.

He turned around faster than lighting, probably not expecting me, but once he realized that it was me his features relaxed, "Shouldn't you?"

"Meh, I'm skipping." I said not wanting to talk about the Clare incident.

"Everything alright?" John had a worried look on his face and I am pretty sure he was inspecting me. His eyes landing on my cheek, which was still stinging by the way. "What happened?" I felt as his hand lifted up and was rested on the stinging cheek.

I averted my eyes to the ground, "Got in a fight with Clare. She used to be my best friend... Now she just thinks I'm ignoring her because I don't like her. She doesn't understand what's happening." I could feel my eyes start to water.

"Shhh..." I felt John's hand move to my cheek only to wrap around me and pull me into a comforting hug. "If she doesn't at least understand about your mom that means she isn't your true friend." He said softly.

"Yeah, but I should be able to confide in her about these things. Maybe I should tell her about everything else..." I trailed off as I started thinking about telling her everything. And when I say everything, I mean /everything/.

"I don't know if that's a good idea... I mean what if she really isn't a true friend? Then she could use this against you. We wouldn't want this secret getting out would we?" John said as he rubbed my back in a soothing gesture.

"Yeah... I just don't know what to do." I pushed my head into John's chest. "And on top of everything dad doesn't want me to see you."

All of a sudden John pulled back and put both of his hands on my face, while bending down to make us eye level, "Understand that no matter /what/ I will /never/ leave you. I don't want you to get in trouble with him, but... I like you too much."

"Really?" I perked up and could feel a smile tugging at my lips.

"Really." John was now also smiling.

"Well, I like you too much too then." A full smile was on my face.

"That's what I was hoping to hear." John said before his lips met mine.

*******************************

Aw, well how bout that?

No cliff hanger either :P

Sorry you guys had to wait so long :/ I feel bad

But now you have it (:

I was actually gonna write A LOT more, but I need to work on an essay and this is distracting me lol. So this is it for now

You know the drill :P

Vote/comment/fan :D