Chapter 33

"Your mother was murdered." That's the only thing I could hear repeating in my head. I just about fell on the floor but I felt someone catch me. I started sobbing as the person sat down on the couch and I clutched onto them. I didn't care who it was. I just needed someone to hold me.

"Kayla. Kayla I need you to calm down. Okay just breathe for me." I heard someone say to me as they squeezed my hand. I couldn't quite make out the voice but I took a few deep breaths before opening my eyes to not see Zayn, but Luke holding me.

"There's those pretty blue eyes." He said smiling. After a few minutes I finally calmed down and sat up.

"Kayla, we would like to ask you a few questions alone. We want you to come down to the police station." One of the police officers told me. I saw a girl standing next to him. So that's what he meant by "we"

But the thought of going to a police station by myself made me freak out again. I shook my head and started to cry again. "No. No I'm not going alone." I cried.

"Shh." Luke said pulling me into a hug again.

"I'll go with you." Zayn said to me.

"Yeah we can all go." Louis chipped in. I slowly got up and nodded. I was in so much shock I started to fall over again but Michael caught me and helped me to the police car.

Michael helped me in and told me they'd be in the cars behind following me. It was only me and one other police officer in the car alone. Oh what fun this should be.

I walked in and people began staring at me. It felt weird anf made me uncomfortable but I knew I didn't do anything wring. I tried to ignore them and followed the officer into a room.

"You can sit down right there." He said pointing to one of the chairs in the room. I made my way over to the chair and watched while he made some coffee.

"Would you like some?" The officer asked me, siting down. I shook my head and while he opened up a file that read my mum's name had her picture in one of the corners. I tried holding back the tears but I knew I could only for so long.

"Could you tell me your mothers name?" The officer asked.

"Louise Clark." I sniffled. He nodded.

"How did you find her b-body?" I asked cringing at the word body as I said it.

"Well, no one was living at your old home so it went up for sale. The house sold after only a few weeks being up and a family moved in. The lady of the house went to go put some stuff in the closet in her bedroom and that's when she saw the body." He explained.

"But I remember. They told me both my parents died from the car crash." I told him, remembering back to that day. He shook his head.

"Your mother wasn't dead." He said leaning forward. "Do you know anyone that didn't like your mother? Or wanted to get revenge?"

I leaned back in my chair, feeling uneasy when he moved forward. I shook my head.

"Everybody loved my mum. Everyone at work, everyone that met her." I stated shaking my head. The officer tapped the pen on the desk.

"Alright. Alright." He ran his hand over his face. "We're working on the case. We'll let you know if we find anything else out." He spoke as I stood up.

I walked over to the door as he spoke up.

"Let us know if you know anything." He said nodding as I quickly left the room. He gave me the creeps. I got out the second I could. I saw all the lads and Perrie standing around the main area ofwith someone I haven't seen in forever.