Chapter 34

I waited outside of the room we were  just in. Zayn has been in there for the past 15 minutes yelling at management saying that he won't let me date Luke. He's older than me. I'm only 14.

After another 30 minutes Zayn came out angry.

"Fucking management." Zayn shouted, kicking the wall. I hopped back scared.

"Zayn. It's okay. Just calm down. We'll figure something out." I quietly said to him. He shook his head.

"No Kayla! We can't do anything about this so stop trying!" He shouted before walking off as I began to break down crying. This is all too much on me.

"Kayla. It's okay he's just mad." Harry spoke softly rubbing my back. But I don't think it is.

----------

I haven't seen Zayn since he walked off earlier today. I walked into the dark house where the only light was coming from the lightening outside in the storm. I sighed and walked into the kitchen turning on the light to get something to eat. I made my way over to the fridge and soon enough settled on strawberries, taking them to the kitchen bar with me.

I don't understand why "management" would want me to date Luke. He's 17 almost 18 and I'm only 14. They said "it would help them become more popular." That sounded like bullshit to me. They're going on tour with the biggest boyband in the world. They're gonna be huge.

I picked up a strawberry to ignore all my racing thoughts and could only take one bite before there was a knock at the door. I groaned and got up making my way over to the door. I sighed at who was standing in front of me.

"What do you want?" I asked not wanting to talk to him right now.

"Can we talk?" He asked me.

I looked back at the empty dark house and nodded opening the door so he could come in. I closed the door behind him and walked into the kitchen not bothering to see if he was following me or not. I sat back down where I last was and he joined me, pulling up a bar stool next to me but didn't sit on it yet.

We sat, or I sat in silence before he spoke up. "I'm not to thrilled about this either," Luke spoke. I rose an eyebrow. "I mean you're really nice and funny but you're like 3 years younger than me. Almost 4." He shifted his weight to his other foot.

"I don't even understand why we have to date. Or "date" why can't they pick someone else. I'm gonna be called so much more names." Luke sighed and sat down next to me.

"Here. We'll pretend to "date" when we are out and about and there's paps but when we're by ourselves we're just friends." Luke suggested.

I shook my head. "No I can't do that."

"We'll figure something out. We can always try that..." He said shrugging, suggesting it again. I shot my head towards him and gave him a "are you stupid" look.

"Luke, no. Okay. I can't go out holding your hand and kissing you and coming home like nothing ever happened." I yelled at him as my phone buzzed.

I looked down at the counter to see Zayn's name pop onto the screen. I didn't break eye contact with the phone. I didn't wanna see Luke looking at me right now.

From:Zayn

Not gonna be home tonight.. You okay?

To:Zayn

Yeah I'm fine. I'll see you tomorrow.

I set my phone down and cleared my throat. I looked up to see Luke already waiting for me to speak.

"So, are you gonna leave now?" I asked him harshly. I understand that I'm being mean but he thinks all of this is fine. I don't. At all.

Luke shook his head. "Can I stay here?" I folded my arms.