Chapter 14

~Max

Lounging on my bed, I softly played with strands of Toni's hair while she laid next to me. She looked up and smiled at me before lifting her head up and placing it on my chest.

"I'm going to miss you." I said kissing the top of her head.

"Me too."

"Then don't go."

"Max you know I can't just leave my home back at the pack."

"Oh, I know. I just really wished you didn't have to." He sighed. "Do you want to go out to the garden?"

"I really don't mind, as long as it is with you. Although, I don't have a jacket with me."

I pulled her up and chucked one of my spare jackets to her. I then held her hand as we walked down to the garden. Ruby had started to get used to her now, which I was glad. Out of mum, Alec and Ruby,  thought Ruby would jump  at the fact that I had found my mate. As we walked into the garden, Ruby was just coming in. She smiled and said "hello" before leaving us alone.

"I wanna take you somewhere." I say, looking straight at Toni. She was smaller than me so as I looked at her she had to look up to me.

"Well, let's go. I have to leave in ten minutes."

Still holding her hand, I took her down to the bottom of the garden. This area was hidden by trees. Mum used it as her own private garden so she good plant flowers and I used it as my quiet area. 

"Before you go, I want to do something." I told Toni.

"What's that?" She sighed, looking up.

"I want to kiss you." I said and she smiled.

"One minute." Toni held up a finger and then disappeared through the treeline. I was left standing on my own confused. Suddenly, Toni appeared again, with her skateboard under her arm. She placed it on the floor in front of me. "I can stand on this so it will be easier."

Laughing, I picked her up and and placed her on the skateboard. I held her hips to steady her off and then smiled at her. I took in all her Nike clothes that she was wearing and then looked at her baseball cap. I pulled it off her head, placed it back on but this time backwards and bent down to kiss her (see the book cover). As soon as our lips met, she kissed me back. It felt amazing. I loved this girl.

***********

~Toni

Sat in the car, I watched the Regal Pack disappear into the distance out of the rear window. I was travelling back in Josh's car again but halfway back I was picking up my motorbike from a garage my dad had dropped it off at while I was away. My motorbike was my pride and joy back home but while I was away, Alec had decided to take advantage of my absence and ride it. That ride may or may not have resulted in my baby crashed into a fence. Thanks for that Alec.

"Stop moping around back there." Roxy said.

"I am not moping. Are you gonna put some music on or what?" I said, leaning through to turn on the radio.

~3 and a half hours later

I'm in love with the shape of you
We push and pull like a magnet do
Although my heart is falling too
I'm in love with your body
And last night you were in my room
And now my bedsheets smell like you
Every day discovering something brand new
I'm in love with your body  

We were all singing at the top of our voices; having a blast, which we had been since about hald an hour after we left the Regal Pack. It was taking my mind off the fact that I had left Max behind and I was really missing him.......

Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis
But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
Cause I'm Mr Brightside 

As the song by The Killers came to an end. I could see the garage where my motorbike was coming into view. Josh pulled over and waited until I had waved them off to continue their journey to the pack. I knew the owner of the garage quite well so I just walked into his office.

"Come on Connor, I want my baby girl back." I smiled as I leaned up against the door frame. Connor had gone to school with my older brother, Ricky, so was used to my impatience.

"She's back to being the beauty she is. Well done on the competition by the way. I can't believe you are mated to Max Newcombe."

"You and me both." I laughed. He then looked at my neck.

"I'm surprised he didn't mark you, while you were there."

"Chill man. We have only known each other a couple of weeks. Officially announced it last night. We have the rest of our lives together."

After catching up with Connor, I got on my leather that my dad had left with the garage owner when he had dropped my bike off. I loved wearing my leather and Connor told me I should wear it next time I saw Max. I flagged him for that comment. It was then time for me to finish the journey back home. The garage was technically in the pack but it was only just inside our territory. It would have taken Josh and Roxy fifteen minutes to get home from the garage but for me it may have taken just under ten. What? I was on a motorbike and I love the speed. 

Arriving home, I took off my helmet and shook my hair. I opened the door and was immediately enveloped in the smell of home cooking. Grandad pulled me into a hug which meant that Grandma was cooking and I did enjoy myself a bit of Grandma's cooking. That was when I realised it. I was actually leaving my whole family behind when I went to live with Max. No annoying siblings, no parents, no grandparents. Was I really ready for that?