Chapter 32

~Toni

Everyone settled down as Max and I stepped out in front of the pack members. I saw people leaning forward on their chairs to hear what we had to say. Grabbing Max's hand, we started the meeting.

"Good afternoon. I know most of you want to know what this meeting is about, so we will just get straight onto it. There are two agendas for this meeting so we will start with the one regarding the rogues."

As soon as Max mentioned the rogues, the hall went into an uproar. "SETTLE DOWN!" I shouted and thankfully got everyone to shut up.

"On Saturday, the rogues will be killed. We have been waiting for this for a while and now finally justice will be served for the monsters that attacked our pack. Their punishment will not be open to the public which I know a lot of you wanted, so please do not turn up and expect to see anything. All five rogues will be gone by the end of Saturday night and hopefully that will be the last time we see a rogue. Now onto the happy agenda of this-"

There was some commotion as someone pushed to the front of the hall. When I looked to them, I saw it was only a child. She looked up at me and started crying.

"Please, Luna. Don't let him kill my sister." She cried. 

I knelt down so I was at eye level with her. "Who is your sister?"

"Daisy. Daisy Hawthorn Luna. She ran away when daddy left, I was only a baby. Daddy hadn't told her about me and I don't want her to die, I want her to be my sister."

I looked at the girl in shock. Max was stood behind me, mirroring my expression. Suddenly, a woman came forward apologising to us, grabbing the little girl and then got enveloped once again into the pack.

"Onto the second agenda." Max said, in a confused voice after our encounter, "This is good for our pack. The Luna and I are happy to announce we are expecting."

"We only told our close family but wanted to tell you as soon as we could. Oh, and don't worry boys, I will still be training you. Just because I am pregnant, doesn't mean I will go easy on you lot!"

That was when I saw Josh stand up at the back. Roxy was smiling and he had a smirk on his face.

"TONI, DO YOU WANT THIS? NO TRAINING? NO FIGHTING? WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO WITH YOUR LIFE?" He shouted forward to us, laughing.

"I just get to watch you horrible lot suffer at the training programs I have for you. No training for me, so I can get my fun by designing new programs for he horrible lot I train."

I watched and grinned as all of the warriors groaned. Oh I did love the power.

After the meeting, Max and I went to his office. I cleared away the paperwork after helping him finish it, in silence. After all the work, I sat on Max's knee and looked at him.

"What about the sister? Do you believe it?" I looked into his eyes as he shrugged, "Come on, you have to have some sort of opinion."

"The Hawthorns are definitely part of my pack, I just didn't make the connection when I first saw Daisy. I think.... I think I went to school with her. I can remember a girl named after a flower who hated her name, she got everyone to call her 'Day'. But if it is her, why didn't she say her name was Day?"

"Most probably so you wouldn't recognise her."

"Yeah maybe." He yawned.

"Listen, lets worry about this in the morning. For now, lets go to bed."

I walked up the stairs and knew that Max was following. When I got into the room, I quickly got in the shower and then got in my pyjamas, which consisted of shorts and a vest top. I got very warm in bed. Going into the room from the bathroom, I saw that Max was already in bed, nearly asleep. I climbed in next to him and settled my back into his chest as he laid his arm across my waist.

"Goodnight, Max." I whispered.

"Goodnight, Toni." He whispered back, kissing my head.

A/N Sorry for the shorter chapter but I wanted to get this out for you. The chapters will be going back to normal size and will hopefully stay that way.