Chapter 26

~Toni

I slowly walked the familiar corridor to go to Richard's room. I had been here for the last three days on and off because I wanted to be there for my friend. I was currently carrying a hot chocolate for me and a tea for Lizzie.

"Here you go." I said handing her the drink as I entered the room.

"Thanks, are you sure there isn't anywhere else you need to be?" She looked up from where she had been resting her head on the bed.

"I told you, I will be here whenever you need me. Max is sorting pack things out and I'm not really needed."

I leaned back against the door frame and slowly drank my hot chocolate. Lizzie drank her tea with one hand and held Richard's with the other. 

"How are you feeling?" I asked, sincerely worried about my friend. In the last three days, she hadn't moved from that spot once.

"I'm ok." She sighed.

"How can you be, Lizzie? You haven't moved, you have hardly had any sleep, you only eat or drink if I am giving it to you. Please, talk to me."

"There's nothing to talk about."

"Lizzie, I am worried about you. Rich wouldn't want you to get ill."

"If you are just going to tell me off, maybe you should go." She looked away from me.

I didn't say anything, I just put down my drink and left. Instead of going back to the pack house, I ran into the wood and stripped so I could shift. My wolf just ran, running nowhere but going everywhere. I couldn't believe that Lizzie had just discarded me like that. Recently, I had been the only one there for her, in the hospital room every day. I knew it was her grief talking but she had just let me go like i was just another person, not someone who cares dearly about her.

Getting back to where I shifted, I changed back and got my shorts and vest top back on. I walked out of the wood and saw some of the pack members hanging around. Josh, Roxy, Ruby and my mum were with them so I went over.

"Hey." I said.

"Oh hi honey. What are you doing here, I thought you were with your friend?" My mum asked.

"I was."

"What did she do?" Ruby asked, sighing.

"Nothing really. It's just silly. What's happening here?" I changed the subject.

"Two people from the gym challenged each other, we were waiting for the fight to start." Josh smiled, getting giddy.

"Boys and their fights." Roxy sighed.

"Hey, I like a good fight." I defended.

"Like I said, boys and their fights." she smiled sweetly at me. I flagged her off in return.

I stood with the guys for a while as we waited for the fight. I still didn't know who the fighters were so I was curious. Then the fighters came out and I was shocked. One of the pack members, I didn't recognise, but the other I did and it was Jace.

"Wait, what is Jace doing fighting?" I asked.

"Jace as in Jason Newcombe? Brother of the Alpha?" Roxy asked. That got Ruby interested.

"My brother is fighting? What is he thinking?" She asked, shocked.

"Probably thinking what any pack fighter thinks." I shrugged.

"But my brother isn't a fighter!" Ruby exclaimed.

That got my attention. I pushed to the front of the crowd and stepped out in the middle of the boys, growling. I turned to the one I didn't know first.