Chapter 37

~Toni 

The normality carried on for a while. We managed to forget about the rogues that were breathing down our backs and actually plan for the twins. As I no longer used the adjoining room, we decorated it up to become the nursery. That way when the twins were in the separate room, we could get to them easily. Ruby, Roxy, Lizzie and Daisy surprised us with a mini wardrobe, already stocked with unisex baby grows. Roxy used to love playing dress up with me, trying to get me into a dress. Prom was a laugh. She spent hours just getting me into a dress, without the added time for hair makeup and shoes. I was surprised we actually arrived. With that in mind, I thought she hoped for at least one girl. Hoped she would be girly and didn't take after me. If that was the case, I would support my child, buy her the makeup and clothes she wanted, but she wouldn't be able to persuade me to wear it unless for a special occasion. That was the one thing Roxy was pleased about with me getting a mate. I took more notice of my hair and clothes (even if that means I just steal all of Max's clothes).

Now heavily pregnant, I was bored out of my mind. With twins, we knew I was more than likely going to give birth before I had carried them full term so when I was six months, Max had stopped me from training the warriors of the pack. He told me he didn't want to put any strain on me. I was now 35 weeks and knew the twins could come from now. The girls kept on telling me that it would be worth it to hold my pups. I told them it would be worth it to get out and train again. Don't get me wrong, I couldn't wait to finally meet the energetic ones that had practically kicked a hole into my stomach and had me craving pickles, but I also couldn't wait to get training again.

"When the twins are born, what will be the first thing you do once you are cleared by the hospital?" Lizzie asked me.

"My initial answer would be shift. My wolf is eager to get out but knows it would hurt her pups. I can already sense she wants to run with Max's wolf at her side, showing her pups how to be a wolf. However, that won'y be until the pups are seventeen and I don't want my babies growing up too fast."

"I sense that shifting wouldn't be what you would do." Daisy looked at me.

"No. I would take the pups to go and see Mia. Cheer her up a bit." Mia was just about getting to the stage where she could be classed as fine. When she had the infection, her immune system had been down ad she had become worse, catching pneumonia. She fought through, however, and slowly got better. Thankfully, Ricky started taking responsibility for his son as he got used to the fact that it was just something that happened and what happened to Mia wasn't down to Bailey. He then went on to tell me that if I became ill because of the birth of my pups, he wouldn't disown my pups. I also believe he said that because he knew that if I found out he had done that, I would have killed him.

"That would be lovely. Think, Bailey will have some play mates!" Roxy smiled.

"Yeah." I smiled too.

Suddenly, Jace came running through the door, panting, looking terrified.

"Jace?!" Ruby and Lizzie looked at their brother.

"Rogues........west of the pack......advancing........loads." He quickly told us, panting in between every couple of words.

I sat up from where I was laying on the bed. "Slow down, Jace! Now tell me slowly. Tell me exactly." I said sternly, using my Luna voice.

After composing himself, Jace looked seriously at me. Now that was something I had never though Jace would look like. Serious did not describe Jace.

"There are rogues advancing quickly in their numbers into the pack. They were spotted coming from the west of the pack. Luna, the Alpha is out there now, prepping the males but he sent me to tell all of you to get to the bunker as quickly as possible. Lizzie, Daisy, as the eldest and the medical wolves, he wants you to make sure the Luna arrives to the bunker safely."

"What does he think we will do? Feed her to the wolves?" Roxy sarcastically asked. She had been my best friend since before I knew anyone from this pack so she felt I was her responsibility.

"Yeah, we will all protect Toni." Ruby said.

"Just try and get there as quickly as possible." Jace said before looking back to the door. "I have to go. Just promise me, all of you will keep safe?"

"Of course." We all nodded before watching Jace run out of the room.

"Right, Toni. Let's get you off of this bed and out of this house." Lizzie said calmly, grabbing my arms and helping me up. 

In a protective motion, Lizzie and Ruby stepped in front of me, leaving Roxy and Daisy behind me. As we walked down the stairs, I felt a weird sensation. All of a sudden, I felt liquid running down my legs.

"Please say you just peed yourself?" Daisy asked, holding onto my back.

"Guys! My waters have just broken."

I heard Ruby swear and her sister scolded her. As a contraction hit me, I leaned against Daisy.

"We aren't going to be able to get her to the bunker." She looked to Lizzie. "Is there any place in this house that we could use as a safe room?"

"All the bedrooms can be locked but a rogue won't be stopped by a bedroom door." She looked panicked.

"Dungeons." I panted. "The dungeons can be locked and the door is reinforced."

"Lizzie, Ruby, get Toni down into the dungeons and place her somewhere it is comfortable. It probably isn't the best place to have the twins but it is the only suitable area available in a battle. Roxy come with me to get towels and anything that will help. Oh and Toni job for you." I looked at her as another contraction hit. "Breathe. Just keep breathing."