Chapter 27

~Toni

Laid on a blanket in the tree house, I propped my head up with my hand. I smiled at Max as I looked at his topless figure.

"Should we go back, we might be missed?" I asked.

"I really don't want to go back, but maybe we should." My mate sat up and moved the small blanket that was covering us. "Thank you for cheering me up."

I smiled and then kissed him and of course he kissed me back, passionately. 

"Maybe we should go now." I pulled back reluctantly. "We have been up here for a couple of hours."

"Ok." Max sighed.

Getting up, I grabbed his hoodie before he could. Max laughed as he put his top on and handed me my trainers.

"I can't believe what we just did." I laughed as we climbed down.

"Hey, you don't regret it do you."

"No. Never." I got up on my tip toes and kissed him. The thing going round my mind though was, please don't let me become pregnant because of this

********

After we had got back to the house, we went into Max's office. He had some paperwork and phone calls to make so I agreed to help him. While he was on the phone, I was signing the papers. I was his Luna and I wanted to help him as much as I could, not be one of those Luna's that sat back and looked pretty. Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. My dad came in and smiled.

"To- Luna you have been requested over at the hospital." I immediately thought to Lizzie and Richard.

"You can spare me for a bit, can't you?" I asked Max.

"Of course. We are nearly done here anyway." Max nodded and picked up the pile of papers I was working on.

Walking out, I turned to dad.

"How are you settling in?" I asked.

"Good. Your mother is worrying about Alec."

"Of course she is. The mum who worried about her daughter riding on her father's wolf's back must be worried about the most immature son living on his own in a different pack." I laughed.

"Hey, don't talk about Alec like that." Dad scowled.

"What saying he's living alone? Does he have a mate?"

"No, Toni, the immature part."

"Oh, that." I nodded and then laughed.

I then arrived at the hospital. Arriving, I recognised the doctor who was waiting for me.

"Luna, Mrs Ally requested you if that is ok?"

I nodded. Doc lead me down the corridor and to Richard's room. Instead of walking in and seeing Rich unconscious with Lizzie in the chair, I saw Rich sat up with Lizzie sat on the bed with him. Knocking on the door, the doctor walked in and motioned for me to follow.

"Rich," I nodded, "glad to see you awake."

"I still feel awful." He sighed and then nudged Lizzie.

"I am sorry for how I acted Toni. I was worried and sleep deprived. You were the only person around so I took it out on you." She looked down.

"Come here you idiot." I motioned for a hug. Immediately she wrapped her arms around me but the frowned.

"You smell like the woods and my brother." Her nose wrinkled in disgust. "I suggest get a new perfume." We all laughed.

Lizzie went to sit with Rich again and I leaned against the door. We just talked for a while and  we caught Rich up with what happened with the fight, including the fact that none of the rogues were owning up to anything. I had been at the hospital about half an hour when I felt someone's hands snake around my waist. I smelled my mate's scent and settled into his embrace.

"How are you feeling, Richard?"He asked.

"Good but worried." Everyone in the room looked confused.

"Why would you be worried?" Max spoke.

"Because I am going to tell you something. Lizzie and I have been talking and have agreed you need to know. Just before we came here for the competition, we got married. I did ask your father for permission but with everything going on with him, we told nobody else. Are you fine with that?" 

"Why wouldn't I?" Max smiled and shook hands with his brother-in-law. "Now, do you mind if I borrow Toni?"

"Why would I?" Rich smiled.

Max grabbed my hand and we walked out of the hospital. As soon as we got out into the fresh air, he picked me up so I was straddling his waist. I kissed him and smiled down.

"Ha, I'm leaning down to kiss you now." I giggled.

"Only you would find that amusing." He made me giggle again, "I love your giggle."

"I love you." 

"I love you too." I chuckled and then placed me down.

"So, what did you want me for?" 

"Well, after our little scene in the tree house, I wondered if you would want to sleep in my room. We are Alpha and Luna now so nobody would question it."

"You know, you didn't have to question it. I would have said yes anyway." I smiled and he smiled back.

Just then, my dad ran up. "Alpha, Luna, one of the rogues is requesting you both down in the dungeons. He won't say anything else to anybody unless it is you two."

"I don't want Toni down there." Max growled, being the protective mate.

"I am sorry Alpha, he wants both of you or nobody." My dad sighed.

"I will do it. I will go down with you."

"No, Toni. You don't understand what these rogues could do."

"Oh don't I Max." I growled. "I know that these rogues killed one of our pack members and injured many others. One of the injured, was your sister's mate and he has only just woken up. Wake up Max, we could have lost Richard these past few days. Just because you now have that scar, because of the rogues, it doesn't mean that you can be the big bad Alpha! Let me in Max, let me help." 

"Well, you can't argue with your Luna, Alpha." Dad laughed.

"I didn't know you were that feisty." Max leaned down and whispered in my ear.

"There's some things that I just don't show people." I laughed and grabbed his hand. Together, we walked to the dungeons. We walked to the rogues that attacked our pack.