Chapter 38

(A/N- Please read the author's note at the end!)

~Max

"Alpha, my group are ready. Shall we go out to the west side?" Josh stood near me breaking me out of my trance. The warriors had been split into small groups with leaders, each heading west to meet the rogues at separate times.

"Yes, Josh. Please be careful though. I hate having pack blood spilt, even if it is inevitable." Josh gave me a nod and then lead his group over to where the rogues were advancing. Josh's group were of mixed ability and were heading over second.

I looked over to the house and then to the bunker. I hoped that everyone was safe. I hoped Toni and the pups were fine.

"Alpha!" I looked to where Toni's father had shouted me over. "The guard at the bunker has just informed me that everyone who isn't to be involved in the fight are inside -"

"So close it." I told him, heading to leave. Now i knew the bunker was to be closed, I was heading to the fight.

"-apart from the Luna and those who were with her this morning." he looked worried as he said this. Toni may be my mate but there were people who cared for her just as much as me and I was faced with one right now.

"Go to the house. She's your daughter so go and make sure she is safe. I need to go to the fight because the rogues are advancing quickly."

"What about the bunker? What if they can't get it before the rogues get here?"

"I hate to say this, but the safest place for them now is the house. Tell the guards to shut the bunker."

My heart raced as I said this. Was I doing the right thing? I had to push these feelings to the back of my mind as I ran towards the west of the pack. With my wolf hearing, I could already hear the rogues and my pack that had met. I ran into the clearing and immediately saw some of my pack fighting in human form, some in wolf form, some still on the floor. I hated this. Running at a wolf that was biting down on my brother's wolf, I flung the rogue into a tree and it slumped to the floor. Dead. Jace's wolf panted a slumped to the floor. Still in human form, I picked him up and ran into the woods, hopefully placing him in a place he wouldn't be found.

"Jace, you have grown so much. I never would have thought you would become a warrior." I stroked his fur. "Dad would be proud of you."

Jace shifted and looked at me. "Dad wouldn't be proud of you sat here giving me a soppy speech-" he started coughing, "- instead of fighting. Go! Go protect your pack, Alpha."

Taking one more look at my brother, I raced into the fight, shifting as I ran. A rogue ran at me and took a chunk out of my shoulder. I could tell it had only recently shifted and easily shook the rogue off. I watched as I wolf howled in pain and recognised it as Rich. All I could feel was guilt. That was the second time he had been injured fighting for my pack. As I watched the scene, overwhelmed, a wolf decided to take advantage of my distraction. Hitting me in the side, the wolf overpowered me and sent my wolf flying into a tree. I heard a crack and thought I had broken a rib. Ignoring the pain, I faced the wolf full on. It was the the largest rogue wolf and it took me moments to realise that it was the rogue leader. Snarling, I circled him. Lunging forward, he quickly dodged me into took a bite at my neck, drawing blood. My wolf jumped onto his and started snapping at his neck. Suddenly, the rogue kicked out and I was flying in the air. I quickly raced back to him while he had his back to me and bit down on his neck. Snapping it instantly. Adrenaline slowly left my body and the pain kicked in. The pain was overwhelming and forced me to shift. Rogues and Regal Pack members alike started noticing the scene. The rogue leader dead, me injured. Some of the rogues fled, some captured, some spurred on to fight more. I knew I couldn't help any members of my pack but I watched as they fought valiantly. The remaining rogues were either killed or forced to retreat. Josh then noticed me and started walking towards me. All of a sudden, I saw some glowing eyes behind him.

"JOSH!"

 I shouted to warn him but was too late. A rogue wolf jumped on him, biting and snapping. Slowly the wolf left, going back into the shadow of the trees but I didn't care about that. All i cared about was the fact that I had watched Josh's life drain from his body.

Laying on the ground, I punched the floor. A medic came up to me and quickly looked over my injuries.

"I think you are very lucky, Alpha." She nodded.

"Did you find Jace?"

"In the woods?" I nodded. "Alpha, I don't know how to tell you this. When he found your brother....... when we found him, a rogue had attacked him once again. He suffered additional injuries and from what we could tell, a bite to the head that killed him."

I didn't know what to say. I felt a tear fall down my cheek and looked away from the medic. Suddenly, I heard a scream. I looked to the body of the rogue leader to see Daisy holding him. She had blood covering her top and I realised that it wasn't her mate's blood. What had happened? Why was she acting like this to the wolf she hated?

"No, you said you wouldn't leave me. You promised. I came to this pack for us. For you. Please baby, wake up." Daisy was in a state but her words made me realise something. She had been the traitor. I had trusted her. I had trusted her with my mate. Was Toni ok? Was Daisy covered in her blood? I nearly threw up thinking of the things the traitor could have done to Toni. But they weren't alone together. There were my sisters and Roxy. Were they ok?

"Guards! Seize the traitor and bring her to me."

Two of the guards ,that had been collecting up any of the rogues that had been captured, went over to Daisy and brought her to me. She didn't even struggle.

"How could you do this?"

"It was easy. My mate asked me, I did it." She hissed, now trying to get away from the guards. "You killed him, Max. YOU KILLED HIM! What will your mate and pups think of you now? Well, I suppose they won't think anything will they?" she laughed.

"What do you mean? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?"

"Well your son and daughter won't understand. Oh, yeah, congratulations on the birth of your son and daughter. The pups I delivered in the dungeons of your house while you were here killing my mate."

"What about Toni?

"Well she won't think because she's in a coma. She lost a lot of blood, screamed for you so many times, it was sickening. I also heard every swear word known come out of her mouth and there was me thinking she was innocent. She lost consciousness just after she took a look at your daughter. Toni held your son but not your daughter. It's your fault my mate is dead. It is your fault your mate is unconscious. It is your fault if your daughter never gets to be held by her mum!"

I looked away, properly crying now, not caring who saw me.

"Kill her." I told the guards as I was carried away on a stretcher. I heard her whimper and then silence. Silence is golden.

A/N- Argh! That was so hard to write. Killing off Jace and Josh was horrible and then the whole incident with Daisy. I know some of you didn't trust her as a character so now you know that she is the traitor. 

On a happier note, the twins were born. A boy first and then a girl and I need ideas for baby names because I am rubbish with that sort of thing. I know the boy will be having Thomas somewhere in the name, after Max's dad but I don't have any idea for the girl. So please tell me...........

1) Whether Thomas should be the boy's first or middle name?

2) If Thomas is middle name, what will be the first?

3) Any names for the daughter?

Like I said, I am rubbish at things like this so until I have any names for the boy and girl, I won't be able to update. So please, all ideas are welcome and once i have the names I like, I will update asap.