Chapter 22

~Toni

In the days that followed the funeral, we made the suitable arrangements for me to move to the Regal Pack. My room was now my little hobbit hole with every corner stashed with a memory or item of mine. The pack were preparing for the official ceremony of naming Max and I, Alpha and Luna. Due to these preparations, I didn't see much of Max in the day but we made up for the time lost. Whether we were cuddled on one of our beds or dancing in the tree house, we would spend our evenings together as we spent our days apart.

The time then came when all the pack became excited. It was a day before the ceremony and everyone was talking about it. Due to a tradition of the pack, the soon to be Alpha and Luna spent the night away from each other and didn't see their partner until the time when they are named in front of the pack. Max was staying at the house and I was going to a little cottage that Lizzie and Rich use for time alone while at the pack. Lizzie and Ruby were staying with me so I wasn't alone, while the boys took over the house. I couldn't lie, I was nervous. 

Due to me becoming a member of the pack now, I could use the pack mind link but I couldn't help but text everyone being the technology fan I was. The girls were out at the shop when I received a text from Max. Opening it, I smiled.

I miss you xxxxxx

I miss you too xxxxxx

Sneak out and meet me xxxxxx

Excuse me, what about my prison guards? Ruby and Lizzie would be on me like a hawk xxxxxx

They'll let you they're my sisters xxxxx

They're also my best friends who are in love with the fact that I am going to be Luna tomorrow and know that I CAN'T see you xxxxxx

Fine xx

Hey, don't sulk. I hear the girls coming anyway, bye love you xxxxxx

Ruby walked in with a smile that faltered when she saw me holding my phone.

"We leave you for two minutes, Toni. Do you miss him?" Her sister whacked her in the head as she said that.

"Does she miss him? What a stupid question you have just asked." Lizzie laughed and then came and took my phone off me.

"Hey, come on." I complained.

"No phones." Lizzie looked at me sternly.

It was my turn to sulk. However, I wasn't sulking for long. Lizzie had brought over wine and had ordered pizza, which (apart from Max) were the loves of my life. After eating the pizza, the girls and I settled down to watch a film. I didn't really watch it, I was too busy thinking about Max.

"You are nervous and agitated. What do you normally do when you feel like this?" Ruby looked at me.

"Train." I shrugged. That was when Lizzie looked up.

"There's some stuff down in the basement. Richard trains as a little hobby. I know there's a punching bag but -"

I jumped up before she could answer and ran down to the basement. I was in comfy clothes so they were ok to train in. I quickly threw my hair up into a ponytail and faced the punching bag, welcoming the sensation of training again.

***********

"Calm down."

"How can I?" 

I was standing in front of the mirror, trembling. I hadn't even gotten ready yet and I was already having doubts about whether I could even manage to get through today. Max was apparently feeling a similar way to me as he had asked for his twin over there. That left me with Ruby. He had all the world over there, Jace, Rich, his mum and now Lizzie which left me with only Ruby. Thanks for that Max. 

Climbing in the shower, I left Ruby sorting out my outfit.I let the hot water run over me and then a thought came to me. I could mind link Lizzie.

"Hey Lizzie, Max does know that I am a tomboy and kinda need you and Ruby to help with the girly things right?"

"Yeah. I told him you wouldn't be happy."

"How is he?"

"He's fine now. What are you doing now because I am coming back."

"I am in the shower while Ruby is sorting out my outfit."

"Ok see you in a minute."

I climbed out of the shower and went into the bedroom to see Ruby with a beautiful white floor length, strapless dress that had a slit up the left leg. She was smiling at me and I immediately smiled back.

"There's no way that is real. Is that my dress?" I gasped.

"Isn't it gorgeous. When we saw this, we thought it was perfect for you." Ruby giggled a litter.

"We didn't think it was perfect. We know it is perfect." Lizzie said from the doorway.

Getting into the dress, I grinned. It was a perfect fit. A perfect dress for me. I then sat in front of the mirror and let the girls get to work. Ruby was working on my hair and Lizzie on my makeup. Once they had finished, I looked at the final product. My hair was in a braided crown with some gold in it and my makeup was natural. It was amazing how the girls could make me look this way. I even looked like myself but in a girly way. 

I let the girls get ready and went downstairs. Looking out of the cottage window, I could see that preparations were being made. The stage outside was already up and some of the pack members were already hanging round. I tried to look if Max was there but was too far away to tell. Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned to face Lizzie.

"Ready?" She asked.

I took in a breath and looked back at the scene unfolding outside. By this time, Ruby had come down as well and both girls were looking at me. 

Turning to the two of them, I sighed. "Ready."