3.

Two days until wedding...

"I can't just call him and be like 'hey, remember you screwed my brains out and promised you'd come to a wedding with me, like, two weeks ago. We're still on right?'" I say rolling my eyes at Carley over the mounds of daisies, white roses, and light orange roses. We are surrounded by three feet tall vases and beads and whatever other crap Leah wanted.

"That's exactly what you have to do. You haven't been looking for another date so Ryder it is." Carley says this like it is the most normal thing in the world.

It is not normal to take a one-night stand to a wedding.

"This isn't that simple." Carley is cutting stems and I am placing the flowers perfectly into the vases.

I hear the door open and close, "who the fuck is that? We're closed." I say stomping out from behind our work counter, "can't anyone read the stupid sign on the door. I mean it freaking flashes and everything," I mumble.

"You probably shouldn't speak that way when a potential costumer comes into the store," and all too familiar voice says.

My head snaps up to meet gorgeous dark brown eyes that I have memorized. Graham stands awkwardly in the doorway and tries to avoid eye contact with me. He used to do that when we would fight, then he'd try to blame me for everything.

"I am capable of making your flowers without you micromanaging me," I say narrowing my eyes.

He throws his hands up like I'm a police officer and he's in trouble, "I'm not. I just came to talk to you." His hands are still up.

"What the hell do you want to say to me?" I'm beyond pissed.

"I hope it's not to get custody of your son," I ask attempting not to scream.

Graham is frozen, his mouth hanging open. He is acting like he's never experienced my crazy before.

"What's going on?" Carley says now standing behind me, "Oh, Graham, I've heard so much about you."

"Oh, cool, hi." Graham is so awkward around new people, he always has been. I'm glad certain things haven't changed.

I drag him into the backroom so Carley can get back to work and not eavesdrop.

"What?" I am so angry I could punch him in his perfect nose.

"I'm really proud of you," I look at him like he has grown another head. He must see my confusion so he continues, "you did it. You created yours and your mom's dream. It's amazing, Addy."

"No. No. Fuck, no. You don't get to do that. Come in here and act like you care." I'm holding back tears now. I will not cry in front of him.

"I do care. I've always cared. You cut me out of your life," he argues but it's calm. He's always been the calm to my crazy. His white button up shirt is pushed up around his elbows and his hair is perfectly curly. He looks and breathes perfection. It isn't fair.

"You left me."

"I went to college," he says his voice a bit unsure.

"You cheated on me."

"Dammit, Addy, no I didn't."

"I can't do this. I won't do this. You're getting married and I'm making the fucking flower arrangements and that's all we are now. Buisness owner," I point to myself, "customer" I point to him.

"Is there anything else I can assist you with Mr. Fields?" I ask.

He shakes his head, "we were best friends, Addy. When did you stop being able to talk to me?"

I ignore him and walk out of the room, slamming the door so hard it shakes.

He follows after me, "are you bringing a date?"

"What?" I turn towards him. I can see he is upset but I don't care.

"To the wedding," his voice gets quieter on the last word.

"Did you really come here to find out if I was using my plus one?"

He sighs loudly, "no, I came for closure but you're refusing to play along."

"Yes I am bringing a date. You can show yourself out, Mr. Fields."

Hey, this is Addy from a couple weeks ago... sorry this might be weird but... are we still on for that wedding?

I text Ryder.

Five minutes and one centerpiece later I get a text back.

Yeah, sure.

I scream and throw Carley my phone. We jump around like fourteen-year-olds who just figured out a boy likes them.

It's pathetic.

But pathetic times call for pathetic measures. At least I think that's how the saying goes.