20.

*unedited..sorry🙈*

The next day...

"Why are you always here?" Carley asks Ryder annoyed. Ryder is sitting at the counter with a book if crossword puzzles open. He is obsessed with crosswords. It's weird and kind of makes me feel like weird.

"You know you can download an app so you don't take up my whole counter," Carley snaps.

"What's your problem?" I ask coming back from the front of the store. We are very slow today. No consultations and not many people walking in.

Carley glares at me, "I hate Gabe."

"So you're taking that out on him?" I ask her. Ryder bats his eyelashes and I laugh, which makes Carley more mad. Whoops.

"It's his fault I know Gabe," Carley argues. She loses all her good argumentative skills when she gets upset. I can see her face turning colors and hope that tears aren't on their way.

When we're upset Carley cries and I curse. We are such a good combination.

Ryder puts his hands up and says, "I didn't tell you to get involved with him!"

And the tears start falling. I wrap my arm around Carley's shoulders, "what happened?"

She shrugs, "I don't know! One second he's texting me all the time and seeing each other a ton then today he tells me that he can't see me anymore!" She sobs.

I look at Ryder who is looking at his crossword guiltily. He glances at me then quickly looks away.

I grab him by the beard forcing him to look at me, "what do you know?"

His eyes are wide as he stares at me silently.

"Ryder, I will ask you calmly one more time. What the fuck do you know?"

"That's calm?" He asks flinching in pain as I pull the super soft hair. Wow, beard oil really does work.

"Ryder!" I basically scream just as the bell to the shop rings.

"Shit. Talk to Carley. Now," I say heading towards the costumer.

"Hi, anything I can help you with?" I ask the woman looking at the assortment of wild flowers.

Rosie turns around and smiles at me, "I wanted to change something about the flowers."

She starts heading towards the consultation desk and I keep moving in front of her. We look like two people on the street that can't figure out how to get around each other so we make a lame joke about dancing.

But this is serious. She can't see Ryder or see her sister crying like a lunatic.

"You could have called," I say trying to lead her in the opposite direction.

She knows what I'm trying to do though because she walks right past me and into the scene I was hoping to avoid. Carley is crying silently and Ryder looks as confused as can be.

Fucking great.

"Oh, hi Carley," Rosie says like she's surprised to see her at her job. And then her eyes shift to Ryder, who is doing his best avoid looking at her.

"Ryder, I heard you and Addy were together," she says in a tone that seems like she is about to have her teeth pulled. I try to hold back my eye roll.

"What's wrong?" She asks Carley with fake concern. I can tell it's fake because the second Carley doesn't answer she is on to the next topic. Her wedding, of course.

Rosie begins blabbing about how she wants the flowers to be more colorful and will I be able to put rhinestones on the roses and all this shit.

Who puts rhinestones on roses? The flowers are pretty enough by themselves. I nod my head along to her insistent nonsense.

"Mhm," I mumble. And that is good enough for her to keep up her one-sided conversation.

"Fuck, Carley, I don't know anything. Stop looking at me like that," Ryder says running a frustrated hand through his hair. I can tell he's lying. How can I already tell when he's lying?

"You know something," I say ignoring Rosie and dealing with the situation in front of me.

"Text him?" Carley basically whimpers. How did I not see how hard she fell for Gabe? I'm a shitty friend.

"Yeah, text him," I say. I'll be a good friend by making sure Ryder does what we say.

Rosie can tell she is being ignored so she starts pretending to be interested in what's going on with us. Carley can see right through it.

"Sorry, Rose, store's closed." Carley basically pushes Rosie all the way to the front door and closes it with a slam. She turns the sign to closed and makes her way back to us with a scowl on her face.

"Did you text him?" She asks.

"No." Ryder was standing up and trying to make his own escape.

"Sit down," I commanded and he did. I smirked because I liked being in charge. But then refocused on the issue at hand.

"Text him and ask to go on a double date with him and Carley," I smiled at my brilliant idea.

Ryder shook his head just as Carley started jumping up and down, "perfect idea! Then he will give you a reason when he says no."

"Exactly!"

"Oh fuck, what did I get myself into?" Ryder asks himself pulling out his phone and texting Gabe. I lean over his shoulder to make sure he is writing what I want.

Then we wait.

Ryder does his crossword, I check some inventory, and Carley paces.

Then his phone goes off.

"What does it say!?" Carley and I scream at the same time.

"He said sure. He will text you now," Ryder says reading off his phone. Seconds later Carley's phone goes off.

"What the fuck?" I ask.

"Guess we are going on a double date, honey," Ryder says sarcastically kissing my cheek and heading out the door.

I glance at Carley who shrugs in response.

"I guess we'll figure it out tonight?" Carley asks unsure.

I nod because I have no idea whats going and it looks like she doesn't either.