11.

The wedding...

I try my hardest not to cringe as Graham and Leah say "I do" and slobber all over each other.

I try my hardest not to throw up as Graham makes eye contact with me on his way our of the ceremony with Leah's arm wrapped around his.

I try not to let any of this bother me. That it could have been me standing up there in a frilly lace dress holding a bouquet of flowers that I created.

I'm not upset that it's not me but it hurts like hell that he can move on from us and from this morning so quickly. It took me months to feel normal.

My fingers are digging into my palm and I can feel the indents from my nails starting to form.

"Control yourself," Ryder whispers in my ear and grabs my hand. I sigh and continue looking forward, willing my brain to shut up.

"Ready to drink?" I ask Ryder standing up and smoothing my navy blue dress out. I've had this dress in my closet for over a year and this is the first time I've gotten to wear it.

It's high neck with a low back, it cuts off a little above my knee and has black lace detail. It makes me feel amazing, even as this day continues to put me down.

Ryder has his hand on the exposed skin of my lower back and I try not to attack him. He looks so fucking good in a suit, his wavy hair gelled back to perfection and his beard groomed. I can see other girls turn and stare as he walks by. It makes me move closer to him.

He hands me two glasses of champagne and grabs two for himself, "ready?"

I nod and we head into the room for cocktail hour. The flowers look amazing. Peach, cream, and dark purple mixed together perfectly.

"I did a damn good job," I say looking around.

"I'll drink to that," he says. We clink our glasses together and each down our champagne.

We're going to need something stronger.

We grab two more from a waiter who walks by. He looks at us strangely probably noticing the full glasses we are both holding.

"Addy-kins," my dad says with open arms as he approaches us.

"Hi Dad," I say, "this is Ryder. Ryder this is my dad, Jim."

"Nice to meet you," Ryder says all formally holding his hand out. They shake and we all fall into tense conversation.

"You did an amazing job. Your mother would be so proud," Dad says with a smile.

"Thank you," I say quietly hoping he will change the subject. I really don't want to cry right now. I want to drink and drink and drink then kiss Ryder. A lot. Maybe we can dance too.

"The wedding was nice," my dad says uncomfortably. I'm sure he was also imagining me up there instead of Leah. I wonder of he would have been happy with that.

Ryder and I look at each other and both let out a burp. Mine is real kind of tiny, Ryder's sounded like a t-rex after it finishes a meal.

We both start cracking up and my dad stands there startled.

"Excuse us," Ryder says trying to hold back his laughter. My dad's expression turns from confused to amused.