10.

The wedding day...

I push Graham off of me with force I didn't know I possessed. I slap him hard across the face.

His cheek is bright red and his eye is watering on the side where I hit him. He looks stunned and I'm stunned that he looks that way.

"What the fuck are you doing, Graham?" I demand taking a few steps away from him.

He has an angry look in his eyes that I want to stay away from. But I also want answers.

He shakes his head and looks towards the door. If this was a book or a movie or some shit Leah would have walked in and saw us or Ryder would have or Boomer. Thank God Boomer didn't see that. He doesn't need any false hope of his parents getting back together.

"Graham, what the fuck?!" I say again, louder. I wonder if I hit him hard enough that he went deaf in one ear. I might feel a bit guilty for that.

He still doesn't answer.

"Fine. I'll talk." I take a deep breath and narrow my eyes. I'm beyond pissed, "you left me. You left me and didn't give a shit. I lost my mom and my dad was a mess, and I was alone. I was alone in that stupid house that we bought together and I was alone when I needed you the most. I redecorated every single inch of that house just to get you out."

A floodgate opened and I can't stop spewing, "you called me immature and all these other asshole things and you know what? I'm not immature I just have a personality. Maybe you should get one." I roll my eyes, "And you know what else? I saw your phone and read your texts to Leah while we were still together.

"Maybe you didn't physically cheat on me but you were going behind my back with her for months before calling it off with me. God, Graham, we were inseparable and you destroyed us and you killed me.

"At least I thought you did. You leaving was the best fucking thing that ever happened to me. I put my all into my flower shop and I figured out how to live alone and I figured out who I am."

He is silently staring at me. He opened his mouth at one point but closed it quickly.

"It's really fucking sad that you're the one still confused and still living this big stupid lie.

"You don't get to be in charge of me or us anymore. I'm in charge of me and my life and I choose to be away from you." I storm out of the ballroom and leave Graham leaning against the wall in a sea of peach colored roses.

I walk into the hotel room and flop face first onto the bed.

"You okay?" Ryder asks from the couch where he is sitting with Boomer watching TV.

I shake my head, "Graham kissed me and I lectured him."

"Good, I hope you slapped him too. What a fucking douchebag," Ryder says.

I laugh, "I slapped him good."

"I can't wait to see his bruised face standing up there."

I sit next to Ryder and lean close, "do we really have to go?"

Ryder looks at me and smiles, "free booze, Addison," He leans in closer to me and repeats, "free booze."

"Truth or dare?" I ask.

He shrugs, "dare."

"I dare you to go to the wedding without pants."

He laughs so loud that Boomer lifts his head and his tail starts thumping.

"No," he says.

"Please. It is the only thing that will make me happy," I bat my eyelashes.

"Yeah, right. Did I mention free booze?"

"Fine, Ryder." I fall back onto the couch and he wraps his arm around me. The sudden warmth is welcome after the shitty morning I've had.

"Here's a game," Ryder says. "We have to have two drinks in our hands at all times. And whenever someone says the word 'wedding' we have to..." he trails off thinking.

"Burp. Fake or real. Doesn't matter."

"Deal," we shake on it.

"You're the one whose family is going to be there," he grins.

Shit. Let the games begin.