30.

One month later...

"Shit, shit, shit, shit. Ryder! Oliver shit on the floor again," I scream. Ryder comes out of the bedroom wearing only sweatpants. His hair is a mess and his eyes still look sleepy.

"Ugh, come on Oliver. Not cool," he says picking the small dog up and heading outside with him. Boomer walks over to the pile of poop, sniffs it, and walks far away.

"Smart guy," I comment and begin cleaning up the mess. I forgot how much work having a puppy is. Oliver cries early in the morning to go out then still has accidents. I can't win. At least Boomer seems to be enjoying his company, they play together and nap together, and it's freaking adorable.

"Why the hell can't we potty train this dog?" Ryder asks bringing Oliver inside and getting him a treat. Oliver happily grabs the treat and runs to his bed to eat his cookie in comfort.

"I don't know," I whine and grab two mugs and pour us coffee.

"Are we bad parents?" Ryder asks kissing the top of my head then heading to his seat at the kitchen table.

"I raised Boomer! I'm not a bad parent. Maybe you are. You're too soft with him," I say.

Ryder ignores me and puts Oliver on his lap. Oliver's paws are on the table and he's sitting like a human.

"Get his paws off the table. That's gross," I say laughing as Oliver begins squirming in Ryder's arms.

"You might be getting too big to sit like that," Ryder says putting the dog down. Oliver has grown a ton over the last month. He now looks more like a dog and less like a puppy. But he still has a lot more growing to do.

Oliver runs off to find Boomer and they snuggle together on the dog bed that's in the living room.

"I have to leave soon," Ryder says cleaning up his coffee cup and heading back towards the bedroom. I follow him and wrap my arms around his bare waist and kiss his shoulder.

"Don't leave," I say and try to bribe him to stay by taking off my top.

Ryder shakes his head, "don't do this," but I can tell he doesn't mean it because now pushing me back towards the bed.

"I'm not doing anything," I tell him and continue kissing him. He is eagerly kissing back before his alarm on his phone goes off.

"Shit, I really have to go."

"No," I say switching positions so I'm on top of him now. His phone continues to go off, waking up the dogs, and soon they are barging their way through the door and climbing onto the bed.

"Ugh," I say rolling off of him and start getting attacked by the two dogs. Ryder is off the bed and into the bathroom before I can start up again.

"Come by the firehouse tonight," Ryder says sticking his head out of the bathroom.

"Isn't there a fire you need to stop?" I ask rolling my eyes.

He shrugs, "hopefully not. Just come by. We can eat tacos on the roof."

"Okay. Sold. I'll bring the tacos."

Ryder and I have our routine down. He showers while I make coffee, then I shower while he gets dressed, then he leaves, and I finish getting ready. It is still crazy to me how comfortable we became with each other. I can't picture this house without him in it anymore. The days he works I wander around the house hating the silence and how the bed seems too big without him.

I walk into the flower shop to see Gabe and Carley looking somewhat tense near the counter.

"What's wrong?" I ask.