Chapter 3

Louis POV

'Here it is! Wellington street! Now we just need to find number 53.' Liam says and I look up at the street sign indeed saying Wellington street. 

'Was about time, not sure If I feel my legs anymore.' Niall complains while he's chewing on some chewing gum. We first went for food shopping, while we were doing that we realized a lot of things. For one that maybe it would have been a better idea to first go to the house. The luggage he have been carrying isn't light. 

Next I soon had through that this was much different than London. It was modern, they have things over here I had never seen in my life. It feels like I am a time traveler, coming from the past to the future. But it isn't, it's just another place in the same country as London.

Harry looked really tense while walking through Manchester, he had been really scared in the supermarket where there was some sort of black box with a sort of cartoon, but it was moving! Inside of that little box. He was definitely scared of that thing. I still don't know what it is. 

'Number 53!' I suddenly hear Zayn yell from across the street. It's a basic house, a little bigger than Harry's home but smaller than mine. I cross the road and walk over to the front door and but the key in the locket. I turn it around and the door swings open. We all stepped inside a bit warily, not knowing what was inside it. 

The house was simple decorated, plain white walls and no paintings or so. It didn't feel like home when you walked through the door. We should have expected that, no one has been here for at least 12 years maybe even more.

Walking in to the living room which is connected to the kitchen, I see a lot of dust on the furniture. The couch is massive, not a clue how that could have ever fitted through the door. There is also a little black box, like the one in the supermarket, standing in front of the couch with a table made of glass in front of it. 

'W-what is that thing?' Harry asks looking scared at the black box. Instinctively I shove Harry a bit behind me and put an arm protectively around his waist. 

'What do you mean this?' Liam asks walking over to the black box. Harry nods still looking scared I see out of the corner of my eye. 'It's a television. We had one back in London only it didn't work anymore. It was used for entertainment my mum always said. It's not a weapon or something, it won't harm you.'

'I have never seen such a thing.' I say still looking at the television. 'Do you think it works over here? Just like the one in the supermarket?' 

Liam laughs at my response and I look at him confused 'Yes, while you were all busy trying to find some food, I spoke to a local and asked if they had ever been without electricity. She said no.' He answers with a frown 'I don't understand, everyone always told us that there was no electricity left in the whole world, while they have never been without any here.'

I take in this new information. London didn't have electricity for years, but it seems like it wasn't like that in this part of the world. How come that no one has ever noticed that London was going through so much trouble? Did people outside of London know what the rebels where doing? Why has there been no one to London in all those years? New questions are building up in my head. 

'That should be impossible. How come no one has ever been to London then?' I ask Liam and he shrugs, not knowing either. 

'There are cars though in the city, I have seen them in a lot of different shapes and colors. Also in some sort of magazine, they're different from the ones we had back home though. I bought some maybe we can learn some things from them.' Liam says and I agree, we could learn from them. I had also seen some more cars driving through the streets. A lot of cars actually, they were also driving faster than I did. 

Now it hits me, there had been no other cars driving on the road, it had been a road with nothing, besides some abandoned farms, with no sign of life except for the signs next to the road that said how many miles we needed to drive before he reached Manchester. Even more questions are forming in my head. There are things going on and I think we can find some answers here. At least I hope we can.

We walk through the rest of the house and it is a lot bigger than I expected. Anne said it was a small flat, well this isn't a flat, this is a house. We can definitely live here for a long time. When we reach the first floor, and the only, we realize we have one issue. 

'Okay there are only 3 bedrooms, they all have a double sleeper.' Zayn concludes.

It doesn't need to be an issue, it's not a surprise that me and Harry actually like each other as more than friends. That Harry got scared during the trip and used some medication to make sure he didn't go in heat is a different story. We discussed our feelings, almost kissed, but I'm not sure if he would want to share with someone. Neither do I think Zayn wants to share, he misses his mate and would only share a bed with her. That Niall and Liam are going to share a room is no doubt.

'Well, I am sharing with Niall, so you can fight out what room is going to be yours. We're taking this one.' Liam says walking into one of the rooms. It doesn't really matter what room you take, they're all the same. 

'I am taking this room. If you don't mind I would like it for my own.' Zayn say walking into the room opposite from Liam, which leaves me and Harry standing in the hallway with one bedroom left.

'If you want a bedroom for yourself, I can sleep on the couch.' I say looking over to Harry. He shuffles with his feet and looks up at me, having looked only at the ground. 

'You uhm...' Harry starts 'Can we share a room?' He asks with such a small voice I almost can't hear him. I think I get one of the biggest grins in the world on my face hearing the question.

'Of course, Harry. Whatever you like.' I smile warmly at him, he smiles back at me. Together we walk into the room. As if we discussed this, I walk to the left side and Harry walks to the right side of the bed. I look at my watch and see that it's already past 10pm. 'Time flies.' I say while resting my head on the pillow, having dropped the two bags I was carrying next to the nightstand. I see Harry putting his bag next to the closet on his side of the room. Both sides have their own closet. 

Harry comes to lay next to me, I go to lay closer to him. He takes that as an invite and lays his head on my chest. I feel complete now, having his head on my chest. It feels like it belongs there. 'Thank you.' Harry suddenly whispers.

I look down at him. 'For what?' I ask confused at why he would be thanking me. Harry looks up at me through his eyelashes and I look back in his beautiful emerald green eyes. He smiles at me.

'For keeping me safe. I feel safe whenever I am with you.'

A/N

A little note before I get comments on it, In London the electricity is all gone since the change of the year 1999 to the year 2000. In the rest of the world things have gone different. The boys are going to learn how different in the upcoming chapters.

Besides, this isn't on the planet we call earth, but in an alternative universe. I am not telling more but you'll find out soon enough why that's important information.