Chapter 2: The Impossible.☑️

Nobody's POV

The orange sun was setting just on the horizon. Wind was gently blowing around him as he sits on the hood of his car.

Damon pulls out the bottle of bourbon from the brown paper bag and takes a long swig, staring at the sign that reads 'Welcome to Mystic Falls'.

It's been about 15 years since he'd stepped foot in his home town after the little incident he caused. It's the one thing he genuinely wishes he could undo, but Damon didn't let anyone see that soft side of him.

"Home sweet home." He says, staring at the wooden sign. As it gets darker, Damon gets in his baby blue Camaro and drives across the border, deep into the woods where he knew his brother wouldn't go.

After parking the car, Damon speeds out of the woods and into a little neighborhood he'd never been through before. Looking around to make sure there were no witnesses as he walks out of the tree line, Damon continues and heads down the street to town square.

That's when he picks up a mouth watering scent. It was definitely a girl, and she smells of sweet flowers and vanilla. The stars could now be seen, so it was the perfect time to snatch, eat, and erase.

Damon spots the brown haired girl walking from her nicely built home to her car. The keys slipped through her fingers and onto the ground, and as she picked them up, he stood just inches behind her, ready to attack.

For the split moment that their eyes meet through the reflection on the window, Damon feels a tug on his dead heart. 'I can't do this', he thinks to himself.

The girl spins around in panic, but he was already hiding behind a truck across the street, watching her. She shakes off the fear, gets in her car and takes off.

Later, Damon was laying in the middle of the dimly lit street when he hears tires screeching and metal bending. He knows Stefan would be nearby feeding, and as much as he wants to see who is injured so he could have a late night snack, he couldn't risk being seen.

Instead, Damon stands in the shadows and watches as his brother dive into the water to save the poor little helpless civilians.

Submerged in water, Elena and Veronica struggle to break free of their seatbelts. Veronica tugs on the caging fabric, but to no avail.

Elena then grabs Veronica's hand, making her big sister squint at her through the dark water. Veronica notices Elena giving up and immediately shakes her head to try and plead with her, but it 's too late.

Elena mouths 'I Love You' one last time and pushes out all of her breath, letting the darkness consume her.

Veronica tries to scream, but it was no use. She keeps coming up with dead ends on how to escape, but they are trapped. Veronica starts to give up when a man swims towards her.

Stefan pulls the door from its hinges and rips Veronica's seatbelt off with one tug. He tries to rescue her, but before he can reach out to her, she points over to Elena.

Stefan furs his brows and stares at the beautiful strangers face. He is lost in awe and confusion. Stefan snaps out of it and quickly swims his way to the other side of the car.

Veronica starts to choke on what little air she has left and starts to panic as she swims to the surface. She begins to cough, spits out water, and slowly swims to shore.

Damon hears her struggling and decides to pier over the bridge. He watches her crawl to the tree line below and here's her shaking breaths. The girl then collapses and rolls onto her back before passing out.