Chapter 16: As If You Have A Choice ☑️

After dinner, I laid on the couch while Jeremy and Damon sit on the other playing video games. My eyes begin to flutter shut and the sounds of shooting and Damon and Jeremy bickering fades.

My eyes are sensitive to the brightly lit room. Here we go again...Instead of leaving, I move around the bedroom and look at everything in it. At the vanity, there was a picture of a woman with a little boy. The woman looks so familiar and when I notice her clear eyes, I knew she was Mrs. Salvatore. This must be Damon's room.

A knock was sound and I quickly place the picture down and smooth down my shirt. I wonder why I'm in regular clothes now... "You may come in." The door slowly pushes open and a small hand maiden rushes in and closes the door behind her. Her bonnet shields her face and it was only when she turns to me and looks up that I could see the resemblance. "Emily?"

The brown skinned girl smirks, "In the flesh." My brows knit together. "W-what am I doing here?" Emily ignores my question and sits on the bench at the end of the bed, patting for me to do the same. As I sit and angle my body towards her, she grabs my hands like she was holding on to a signal. "You mustn't let him do it."

"Do what?" I ask, and then it hits me. "The tomb?" Emily nods. "He won't find her. I never sealed her in."

I tilt my head. "Are you the reason I've been having these dreams and why I've suddenly been sleeping all day? You're drawing magic from me." Emily sighs and speaks in her riddles. "Damon promised me he'd protect my lineage. If he opens that tomb, one will die."

I become frantic. "Who?! Who will die, Emily?" She doesn't say anything else, but  jerks forward and latches onto my shoulders, causing me to scream in panic.

I gasp awake and sit straight up. "You okay over there? You started screaming." I look over to see Jeremy pause his video game and look at me with worry. I pant. What the hell did she do? I need to find Damon, now! "Where is everyone? I was out for like two seconds."

Jer shakes his head, "Viv, you've been out for 3 hours." I quickly stand up and put my boots back on as I ask more frantic, "Where is Damon?"

"Uh—I think he followed Elena and Stefan somewhere. They were looking for something. A journal I think." Jeremy explains, watching my every move. I just nod and take Jenna's keys and run to the car. I don't know how, but my body knew to go to the cemetery. Just as I park, I see Damon marching through the trees. "Damon!"

He spins around and then flashes to me. "What are you doing here?" I look at him with fear. "Something happened. I don't know what, but I think Emily did something to me."

Damon looks alarmed. "I'd love to know what it is, but I have to deal with something first." He goes to turn, but my hand reaches out to grab him. "Wait! There's something you need to know!" Damon rolls his eyes and turns slowly. "What."

"I've been having these dreams—or nightmares—of you and Stefan when you were human. Katherine was there and so was your father. It's like I was living in that time period, and it's like Emily was showing me your memories." Damon was intrigued. "Okay? Go on."

I shake my head. This could go either bad or really bad. "The last dream was tonight. She said something to me, I don't think you'll like." Damon's brows fur together so I continue, "Emily said she never spelled Katherine in to the tomb."

His face becomes unreadable. "Your lying. Emily is lying to me, she has to be in there." I pull on his arm as tears rush to my eyes, "Damon, you have to believe me! I wouldn't just make something like this up!"