Chapter 13: Witchy Woo☑️

Veronica's POV
After my phone call with mom, I want to ignore my thoughts, so I start to get ready for the dance. When I come back downstairs dressed like badass Sandy from Grease, I head to the study where I find Damon writing down a list of names.

"Who are those people?" I ask softly, moving a book to the side to sit on the big desk. Without looking up, he continues to write William Forbes. "Some of the founding families."

Before I could question him, Stefan walks in. He's holding a book behind his back, smirking as he walks towards his brother. "You got the hair right." Damon jokes as he glances at Stefan. I bite my lip to hide a smirk as Stefan tosses the journal on the table.

Damon squints at the dated material before looking back at his list. "Why are you bringing me dads journal?"

"Cause you were looking for it." Stefan crosses his arms. I grab the journal and flip to a random page. "And why would I want it?" Damon wonders with a smirk. Stefan starts to slowly walk around. "Gee. I don't know, Damon. Maybe you want to do a little posthumous bonding?"

I skim over a few words in an entry dated back to 1856 and let the two bicker.

Damon cowardly. much like his grandfather.
brings me nothing but embarrassment.

Lillian as well. Stefan

blessing. the son I've always hoped for. never a disappointment much like his brother.

I frown and flip a few more pages and this time I actually read one of the entries.

1858

One of the few burdens on this name is gone. The Salvatore bloodline has been cleansed of treachery as she has been sent away.
But I fear another threat has found its way into not only my family's lives, but this towns. There have been reports of attacks just outside of Virginia.
Brutal animal attacks... I can only put my faith in our founding families to protect our children and our home.

I frown. Damon's father was a real asshat. I slam the book shut and place it where Stefan had originally set it down.

"I'm really sorry that it won't be of any help with your diabolical plan—the sequel." Stefan jokes. I shake my head lightly as I hop off the table and stand behind my boyfriend, comfortingly rubbing his shoulders.

Damon joins in on his brothers joke and smirks sarcastically. "You know, I could help you."

"You? Help me? Ah, I don't know—seems a little unnatural." Damon taunts, leaning back against the chair and my working hands. Stefan inches forward and towers over the table continuing. "I'll do anything to get you out of this town. Even release Katherine."

I've honestly had enough of Stefan's urges to banish his own brother, so I let my voice be heard. "No matter how hard you try, you won't get him to go. So do us all a favor Stef, and stop. He doesn't want to get Katherine out for himself. Your brother just wants to set her free." Damon tilts his head up and winks at me causing me to lightly smile down on him.

"And let's face it brother, I won't be leaving this one anytime soon. Or my child." Damon states firmly, pulling my hands over his chest. I bite my lip in awe. Can he be any cuter?

"What about the other 26 vampires?" Damon asks, continuing their conversation. "No, no, no, they can't come. They have to stay put—but Katherine—I would consider that."