Ong Seongwoo - umbrella

I began to quicken my pase as the grey clouds began to cover the busy streets of Seoul

I began to quicken my pase as the grey clouds began to cover the busy streets of Seoul. Soon the patter of the very first rain drops could be heard on the now open umbrellas that surrounded me. And today was the day that my bad karma caught up to me as my only umbrella was in my bag that a young hooded man snatched off of me taking it out of sight before i could even muffle a cry for help.

Soon the then busy streets became quite and deserted as the city dwellers scrambled into nearby shops for shelter.

To my surprise there was a small coffee shop hidden away in the corner of the street that only had a few people occupying the small wooden tables. So i quickly scurried over to the doors of the building. The bell above the door made a loud ringing sound making the few heads within the small coffe shop turn towards me. Not liking the attention i slightly bowed my head letting my wet caramel hair cover my face.

After ordering my hot drink that i only hoped could warm me up from the cold, heavy rain outside i heard the bell of the front door ring indicating a new customer had just entered.

It was a young attractive man. He had dark brown hair that perfectly matched his eyes and wary expression plastered on his face, before looking at me and placing a soft smile on his lips.

After ordering his own drink he walked over and stood beside me. He was only a inch or two taller but somehow still made me feel very small.

"Some weather we're having. Huh" he said briefly making eye contact with me. I was able to gaze up at him aswell as managing to let out a awkward smile and a nod. He let out a small laugh. "Do you speak?" He asked me.

"Yes. Do you ever shutup." i suddenly snapped instantly feeling bad for my previous words. "Sorry." i sighed "I've just had a bad day. my bag was stolen, i just got caught out in the rain and i have no idea how to get back to my new apartment."

"Don't worry. I understand." he said letting out his awkward laugh again before scratching the back of his head that was perfectly dry due to the umbrella in his hand. "But you could make it up to me by sharing a table with me."

"Sure. but only if i can use your umbrella."