Kang Dongho - the ex

I was standing at the main door of the large apartment building i lived in looking out at the rain that was falling onto the ground

I was standing at the main door of the large apartment building i lived in looking out at the rain that was falling onto the ground. The rain was so forcefull that it bounced back up again before finally landing in one of the many large puddles that looked like they were dancing up and down due to the raindrops falling into them.
I took a breath before stepping into the chaotic streets with my purple umbrella held tightly above my head. My pase quickly became faster as i seen the thick blanket of grey that was quickly covering Seoul. With the sky darkening and the rain becoming worse aswell the temperature suddenly falling, i had started doing a slow jog to my place of work, while trying to ignore the icy rain that was forcefully hitting my face along with the chaotic winds that had managed to blow several people near me over.

A small smile began to appear on my face as i was only around the corner from the office. But before i could reach the building a very tall figure suddenly came round the corner, running into me. I lost my balance and fell backwards into a puddle. I looked up at the man who was standing before me who now had his hand out to help me up. Although i grabbed my umbrella that was lying behind me and stood up myself.

"Let me help you" The male said apologetically.

I was confused as i had already placed the umbrella over my head and had managed to stand up without his help.
But i realised what he was talking about when he started picking soggy pieces of paperwork up from the large puddle i had fell into.

The paper work i had spent four hours on last night was now ruined because of this stranger. "Thanks alot" i angrily muttered under my breath as i was bending down to pick them up.

"Again, im really sorry" he told me as he was handing me the last of the paper work that was now heading for the bin. "I don't remember you apologizing but it's ok" i breathed.

I then turned around, ending the short conversation so i could finish my journey to work and explain to my boss what happened to the paperwork she was desperate for. Until i heard the man telling me to stop.

I was going to ignore his request, but he said something that made me face him again.

"(Y/n)?"

How did he know my name?

"Do i know you?" I asked him, hoping he would give me a quick reply, although i knew that was unlikely as he seemed to have a good idea of who i was as he had called me by my first name. which was surprising as i didn't know who he was. "Well i hope you do, considering we dated" he laughed.
The only person it could have been was Dongho. Considering I've not been in any other relationships.

It had been atleast three years since we had broke up and last seen each other. we didn't break up because we had lost the love in our relationship but it was because the hours we both worked meant we had no time for each other.

I looked into his eyes in order to find out if it was him or not. And it only took a second to know that it was him.
"I didn't recognise you. Not that you look bad! If anything you look amazing." i stated with a surprised expression but i became silent as i realized how i ended my sentence. He quickly thanked me and told me that i also looked very different. "How did you know it was me?" I asked Dongho. "Your name tag" he bluntly answered with a small chuckle.

"The weathers getting worse do you want to get inside somewhere?" He asked me sounding hopeful.

Once we had sat down in a small booth for two and ordered our drinks we started talking and catching up with each other.

"How's the idol life?"

I was very curious as i asked this question because once our relationship ended, i avoided him and nu'est altogether because i wanted to forget the strong feelings i once had for him.

Although i knew the answer wasn't going to be good just by looking at his facial expression.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Let's talk about something else" i told him. Meaning it when i apologized. "No, no. It's going well, although it would be better if we had a few more fans" he answered, now looking down at the warm cup of coffee in his hands.

I felt bad, so i simply nodded not saying anything in reply.

"What about you? Did you get that promotion?" Dongho asked speaking up. "Yeah. Work's going surprisingly well at the moment." I happily told him until i realised that i was meant to be at work an hour ago.

"Shuck."

~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~

It should be obvious by now that i'm going to say that this is unedited because so far everything has been unedited.

But hopefully this was ok:))

I was reading other pd101 imagines and i realised how much of a mess this is compared to them but some people actually seem to be enjoying this!!

Anyway have a great day~