2

third person

when hoseok got back home, he tried to sneak around so that his mom doesn't find him and nag him for coming back too early and not making little conversation with the new neighbors.

yeah... it didn't go as planned.

hoseok ends up hitting and knocking over a plastic bowl while tip-toeing through the kitchen, which had concerned his mom enough to walk in to check what it was that fell.

"hoseok? what are you doing home so early? it's only..." she checks her watch, "4:30 and you left at 4:15. were the neighbors nice? did you tell them you had cookies but you dropped them?" she began to laugh at her last few words. hoseok frowns.

"okay okay, i'll stop. but really why are you home so early?"

"they weren't home so i just left the lasagna on the doorstep," he lied.

"oh okay. you better hope that no animals get it or i'll have to make a new plate and then make you go over again and actually interact with the person. dad will be home early tonight, so why don't you go up and do your teenage boy stuff for now. whatever that is these days," she shooed him off with a snack and drink to his room.

hoseok hunkered down at his desk by the window where his laptop and homework was regularly placed.

he groaned, he really didn't want to do homework but there was nothing else to do, or well, nothing that he wants to do besides watch tv and sleep.

he decides to begin his math homework, forgetting to put music on. he didn't realize how quiet it was until he heard a soft knock.

he looked up to see in the window opposite from him. he almost has a heart attack because; there stood yoongi with a grin on his face.

"what the hell?" hoseok grumbled but ignored it thinking yoongi would stop.

it's safe to say he was wrong.

he continued for a few more minutes until hoseok stood up and opened his window, yoongi doing the same.

"hi hoseok," the boy greeted and yoongi could already tell that he would be bothering the other boy for however long the conversation pursues.

"hey yoongi," the boy replied stiffly, still a bit traumatized from the incident earlier.

"i moved from daegu to here. are you originally from here?" yoongi asks leaning forward so that his hands were dangling on the side of the house.

"yes- well no, i was born in gwangju and moved here when i was two," hoseok replied, glancing away as to not make eye contact with yoongi.

"cool. are you gay?" yoongi asks, which immediately gets hoseok's attention.

"what why?" the boy's cheeks instantly flush a bright pink at the extremely straightforward question.

"i'm curious," the guy shrugs.

hoseok sat there, dumbfounded. he's never been asked about his sexuality like that.

"i don't see why it's any of your business but, n-no. i like girls."

"so... you are?" yoongi challenges, knowing it was a plain lie. hoseok is very easy to read.

hoseok coughed, and almost let out a squeak when he heard a door shut in his house, most likely meaning his dad was home.

"i have to go, goodbye yoongi," he slammed his window shut in a hurry along with drawing his curtains.

he ventured his way downstairs to see his dad removing his suit jacket and hanging it up on the jacket rack by the door.

"hi seok," his dad greeted with a smile.

"hey dad. what's up?" hoseok asks.

"nothing much, what about you?"

"i was just doing some homework, and, earlier mom forced me to give the neighbors lasagna," hoseok huffed.

his dad snorts, "wow! and you made it out alive, i'm so proud of you son."

hoseok rolls his eyes, hitting his dad on the shoulder as he begins to move toward the kitchen to greet his mom.

hoseok was making his way back up to his room when all of a sudden the doorbell rings. he decides to continues up the stairs so he could watch from the balcony like area.

he laid on his stomach looking through the bars, something he used to do all the time when he was younger, and looked down at the front door being opened by his mom.

"oh mrs.min, come in come in! i'm so glad you guys could come," she motioned the people outside to come inside.

"no thank you, mrs.jung for inviting us! meet my son, yoongi," hoseok's eyes fly open and he scrambles backwards, hoping that no one saw him.

what runs through hoseok's head is: not 'hands in his pants yoongi'.  he snorts because it sounds like one of those immature names that five year olds use.

"it's a pleasure to meet you, mrs.jung," yoongi respectfully shook hands with her. he better have washed his hands before touching my mom's hand.

"oh aren't you just a sweetheart. hoseok! come down here and meet our guests!"

"oh, crap."

a/n: oh crap is right hobi