Chapter 2

For a passing second, I felt relieved when I recognised our school uniform; the familiar white shirt and grey trousers and then I recognized the person standing over me.

It was Samon from the senior wing of our school, a member of the athletics team.

I stared at him and with a jolt, I realised my predicament. Samon had dragged me out here. I tried to think of any reason why he would do that but I couldn't find any.

He wasn't exactly on friendly terms with me. In fact, whenever I passed him on hallways, he always had a glower on his face.

He kept standing there with a funny look on his face. I realised he wasn't going to answer any of my questions unless I asked.

"What--" I started and Samon narrowed his fierce eyes, and suddenly, someone grabbed my chin hardly and I found myself staring into the hateful eyes of another senior.

His animosity made me recoil. He didn't just dislike me, he hated me. His grip hurt me and tears started to fill up in my eyes.

I didn't even know his name, though I had seen him a few times in the school. What business could they possibly have with me?

"Please....It's getting dark, I need to go home." I pleaded but he just looked at me like I was an intriguing thing, like a pet you haven't managed to domesticate yet."

"Please--" I tried again but the senior only sneered at me and after a passing a meaningful look at Samon, he pushed me on the ground hardly.

I fell to the ground with a thud and realised that it wasn't raining anymore. The rain had stopped sometime ago.

I looked at him affronted and then back at Samon. 

Why would they manhandle me like this? What did they want? I didn't even know them. What was this then?

I tried sitting back up but my hand slipped on the muddy ground leading me to fall back again.

I was very close to breaking down but somehow the anger at the unfairness of being picked up on again, kept me from it.

I knew bullies liked to have power over their victims, so I had to be strong. I couldn't allow them to see my struggle because it had to be bullying.

What else would it be? Somehow, they must have heard about me being an easy target and decided that they would also have a go at me.

Moments like this made me wish that I hadn't joined this elite school. Most of them thought that I didn't deserve to be there and liked making it known often.

I was used to the pranks, the sneers and the disparaging comments which even teachers ignored sometimes but mom always told me to never let them get to me.

She told me to stay strong. We didn't dare tell dad about the bullying though because he was prone to impulsive behaviour when angered and we knew how much it mattered to him to see his son graduating from the elite school.

Sometimes he would walk me to the school and beam proudly at me saying that I had brought him in league with people who drove high end cars.

He would often proclaim how proud he was of me and how I was going to be a good, successful man. It was all the validation I needed.

On days when the school would be hard to bear, I would think of dad's words and his beaming smile to get by.

A hand was thrust in front of me, breaking me out of my thoughts. I looked up, It was Samon. He looked at me raising an eyebrow expectantly.

I debated in my head about taking it but eventually decided holding on to it.

I didn't know what I did to antagonize him but I couldn't afford to do that anymore.

He held my hand firmly and pulled me up with a jerk. I ended up falling on his chest for support.

He almost squished me to him. It was very uncomfortable so I started to squirm around and trying to get out of his hold but he was too strong.

I whimpered and  looked up at him. His drenched hair shifted slightly but didn't lose it's characteristic styling.

He tilted his face towards me and I felt his breath brush along my face.

It was very strange and I felt goosebumps all over my body. I suppressed a shiver and my heart beat wildly.

It caused me to stop struggling and I  was only staring at him.

He looked at me weirdly again and there was a faint trace of a smirk on his lips.

Before I could realise what was happening, he moved his lips close to mine. I instinctively brought my hands between us and one of my fingers poked him in the eye.

"Motherfu--" he cursed and let go of me. I barely held myself standing.

Did he just tried to-- Why would he even--?

My thoughts raced. I couldn't even dare to voice my thoughts out loud. All my rational thoughts went out of my head. I just looked at him dumbstruck.

"...huh...?"

Was this another one of their pranks?

I saw him rubbing his eye with his hand, and was almost ready to apologise when the other senior lunged at me with a grunt.

I leapt out of the way and he slipped, cussing again. I stayed frozen for a second, looking at them but when the other senior growled, I willed myself to run.

I looked around me and there was no sign of the cabin. I needed to get out of the woods. The road was my safest bet.

Hopefully someone would spot us and I would get help. I darted around a big tree and another one and jumped over some low foliage.

The urge to look back was really strong but I resisted. Maybe if I ran fast enough, they would give up.

*This one is the first BXB story I ever wrote but it just started as a scene which I had to write but I finally intend to finish this. Here's hoping for more reviews and comments. Updated on 25/08/20*