Chapter 9

My hands felt really stiff. I realized that my arms were still above my head in the same position he left them.

I slowly brought them down, it took a while for the blood flow in them to return to normalize.

The wind left a chill on my body and with a jolt, I realized I had barely any clothing left upon me.

Suddenly I felt an urgent urge to cover myself up. With shaking hands, I pulled up my trousers and buttoned them.

I looked around desperately for my shirt and found it in the bushes nearby. It was further from where I remember seeing it when I was awake.

The wind must have carried it over and the shrubs must have stopped it from flying away.

It took all the strength left in me to finally stand up but the pain in the back was too much to handle and my feet were still bruised.

I limped a step forward towards the bushes and Immediately fell down from pain. I felt something wet on my legs and I ignored it.

I didn't want to see that I was  bleeding from the assault. Blood always made me squeamish.

I tried crawling my way to the bushes on my knees and after what seemed like an eternity full of pain and groaning, I reached there and finally found my shirt.

My tie was nowhere to be seen. I looked at my shirt, most of it's buttons were torn and the school logo on my pocket filled me with a sudden longing. 

The school! My test! I couldn't revise at all for the test. Will I even be able to sit for the test? I didn't even know what time it was! Was it a new day already? 

I gingerly pulled the shirt up and  managed to wear it. It felt better but it did nothing to stop the cold from creeping in, still it was a respite.

I had time, I could still go to school for the test tomorrow or was it today already? But looking like this? 

One thing was clear, I couldn't return home. There was no way they would let me go to the school if they found out what happened and I needed to be at the school.

They would take me to the hospital and who knew how long they will keep me there.

I couldn't afford the time. Hell, we couldn't even afford the bills! I could bear with the pain for one day at least.

I would go to the school for the test. I would deal with the stares. they stared maliciously at me everyday anyway! At least this time, it would have some sound basis to it.  

We needed the money! My parents needed it. As much as I wanted for it all to be over, my parents wouldn't suffer more in poverty if I could help it. They wouldn't suffer humiliation.

This would also give me time to see Matt and --Maybe I will also go home after school. Tell them I was sorry for staying out all night. I wanted to see them one last time to my heart's full and then I would leave this merciless world.   

But while I am alive, they should never find out what happened to me. I needed to clean myself before going to the school, so I decided to go to the riverbed.

Since it was quieter than before, I could hear the river flowing and proceeded in the direction of the sound to my left. 

It took a while for me to stand back up and start moving ahead but after sometime I got used to the pain in my back and started limping my way towards the riverbed.

The purpose of my life burnt like a talisman on my chest and kept me on my feet as I picked up on a trail.

*Comments please! Updated on 5/08/20*