Chapter 30

The third floor of Argent high was very sparingly used and often, as it is with such spaces, it became a hub for students seeking privacy for all kinds of things like bunking classes, smoking or more.

Even today, Love Sinclair and Cora Hudson were walking towards the classroom at the end of the hall; their usual spot for a quick snog, but a fierce altercation going inside it made them skirt away from it.

An emotionally charged voice made it's way out of the confines of the unused classroom.

"You abandoned me!"

There were two boys inside, one was slightly taller than the other. The shorter one's face didn't give anything away but the taller one looked flushed from exertion.

"I always considered you my brother but you," The shorter boy poked a finger at the other boy's chest. "You are just like your father!"

The taller boy looked visibly affronted at those words. He reacted as if the other boy had punched him.

"Your father has always used my old man. I can't even count how many times he went to prison for your father!"

"Samon--" The taller boy tried to interject.

"No! Tell me! What do you think? Will your dad ever go to prison for my old man?"

The other boy opened his mouth to speak and closed it again, his eyes looked pained.

"No!" Samon spat. "He won't and we both know why?" Samon glared at him, daring him to argue but he didn't.

"Because we are just your servants. That's who my old man has always been for your father and that's what I am for you. A servant! Someone who does all your dirty work for you!"

The other boy looked almost mutinous at that but then he noticed the tears in Samon's eyes and just gaped at him.

"Who helped you when you ran away to find your mother?" Samon asked him in a much lower voice.

"I was there. I! Not that kid! How could you forget all of that over a kid?"

"I didn't forget it Samon," the boy started, his voice choking up.

"I would never forget it but you did something terrible and I helped you in it. I tried to stop you but you didn't listen. The kid almost died, Samon! What does that make us?"

Samon looked like he was going to argue but he didn't let him.

"Killers, Samon! Killers! The one thing we swore we would never become!" The boy took a deep breath and continued.

"Thankfully, he survived and now he is back. He is a good kid, Samon. Just promise me that you will leave him alone and we can put all this past us."

"See! You still care more about that ungrateful whelp than me!"

The other boy's nostrils flared at the name but Samon only sneered at him and stormed out of the classroom, leaving the door to bang loudly behind him.

The noise reverberated all around the third floor and the couple making out three classrooms away jumped away from each other in alarm.

Love helped Cora get up and she suggested that they should go to another sparsely used classroom on ground floor.

Love readily agreed and they made their way downstairs. When the classroom was a only few feet ahead of them, a younger boy came out of the classroom, wiping his eyes and shivering slightly.

The couple stopped in their tracks, Cora's visage took on a mix of sneer and exasperation whereas a flash of concern appeared on Love's face.

Before either of them could react, someone called,

"Fern? There you are!" The visibly shaken younger boy wiped at his eyes insistently.

They watched as a blonde girl scuttled down the corridor towards him. Love eyed her slingbag draped over her navy blue denim jacket appreciatively while Cora frowned in distaste.

"Where were you? You missed. Amworth's class!" She asked Fern.

"..........H--Hey Karen!" He greeted in a slightly watery voice.

It made Karen stop and stare at him, while Fern lowered his eyes.

"Arwin?" She placed her hands on his shoulders, "look at me. Were you crying?"

At this Cora tugged at Love's hand, "come on!" and started leading him inside the classroom.

This made Arwin look at them and shrink back in alarm.

Karen's nostrils flared and she stomped over to them.

"What did you do to him, Sinclair?" She asked in a dangerously low voice, pointing at Fern.

"Hey! I haven't seen him at all since last Friday, " Love raised his hands defensively and then looked up at Arwin "though I heard you made out with Grant on the terrace last weekend. Is that true, Fern?" Sinclair asked loudly.

Arwin's face flushed. "I---I..We didn't--!"

"Did he dump you already.  Is that why you are crying? Don't be sad, I will keep you."

Before Arwin could say anything, Karen spoke up.

"Keep him? He is not some pet, you dumpster trash and now scoot, if you don't want your fragile little male ego hurt, and your sorry ass handed over to you on a plate."

"Aww, can your pet fag not answer for himself?" Cora drawled, appearing to be bored but sporting a vicious glint in her eyes.

"What did you call him, you glorywhore?" Karen looked like she was going to strangle her and somehow it sprang Arwin into action.

Arwin moved to restrain Karen but stopped when her eyes flashed in warning.

"You know what? At least he is not after the whole school's sloppy seconds!"

"You are a stinky little psycho, Marlow, just like your sister!"

Karen actually lunged at her at that but Love restrained her while Cora actually took a few steps back.

Arwin could only look at them.

"Leave Cora! If you know what's good for you and don't bother calling me. We're done!." Sinclair stated, uncharacteristically sombre.

Cora actually looked hurt at that but regained her composure soon, "Fine! Stay with the psychos then!" She sneered and strutted away from there.

Karen Snarled and clawed at Sinclair but he didn't budge. She shrieked at her to come back and called her the choicest of names.

Love didn't let go of her until Cora had disappeared down the corner.

"Let go of me!" She said and Sinclair let her go. Everyone in the hallway had stopped to stare at them.

"Da fu*k you all looking at?" Karen shouted and whispers and activity returned to the hallway.

Sinclair nodded at Arwin, who found himself nodding back and walked away.

"Let's just get away from here, Karen!" Arwin asked after a few seconds. Karen took a deep breath and murmured,

"Fine! Let's just get lunch before I am any more tempted to commit homicide but I swear if they ever pick up on you again, I am gonna skin them alive and then burn them to crisps."

*Thoughts please! It has been a difficult few months but know that I haven't given up on the story. There's so much more to them! Comments make me the happiest.  Updated on 25/10/20*