Chapter 33

*This one's for you @cadeshia1 *

It was just Sinclair walking downstairs with a dishevelled looking girl following a few steps behind him.

"Just me?" Sinclair scoffed. "Are you quite alright, Fern? Did Grant stand you up here?"

"Ahh-No! I just came here to clear my head. I was just leaving." I replied.

"Cool! Though I wouldn't mind giving you company while you---'clear your head'--as you say. In fact, I know just the perfect ways to clear someone's head!"

"You can even ask," he gestured to the girl adjusting her shirt behind him, "Lyra, here, just how perfectly I---"

"Uh, No Thanks!, I think I will just go to my class!" I cut him off, taking a step back.

As I turned to walk down the stairs, I remembered something. Sinclair knew Grant!

"Sinclair?" I called.

"Yeah?"

"Were you friends with Grant?"

"I wouldn't call us friends exactly. He is more of a loner, to be honest. In fact, the only people, you could call his friends would be Johnson and you, of course but we know that you are more than that to him--"

I vehemently pushed down the emotions, his words brought up. I was one of Grant's only friends and the other was,

"Samon Johnson?"

"The one and only. Though these past few months, they seemed to have had a fall out. Then again, if you want tea on Grant, Johnson would be your man."

Yes. I wanted to know more about Grant! And I had a way, now.

"Thank you so much Sinclair!" I smiled gratefully at him.

He looked a bit dazed for a second, unguarded but then he regained his cocky smirk again.

"Call me Love!" He winked and I felt heat rise up my cheeks for some reason.

Sinclair was handsome.

As I walked downstairs, I thought about Sinclair. He wasn't as bad as I had thought him to be. In fact, he was actually nice. Yesterday, he dumped Cora for calling Karen a psycho. And today, he helped me.

If only he didn't make those awfully suggestive comments, he would be fun to be around. Though, I was getting used to even them.

As I reached the bottom of the stairs, I thought about Samon. The two times I had seen them around each other, they had barely interacted.

Apparently, they were once very good friends. I wondered what could have happened to drive them apart.

"Arwin?"

I turned to see Karen walking towards me, her face almost giddy with excitement.

"There you are, I have been looking for you everywhere!"

Before allowing me to speak, she latched onto my arm, "come with me," and started dragging me towards our classroom.

"...."

"Marlow, what's going on? Where are ----?"

"You will see!" She smiled smugly.

And just exactly what was I supposed to see.

There were too many things on my mind today and I was very close to snapping at her but I took a deep calming breath.

When we reached the classroom Karen stopped before turning to me, taking a deep breath and asking me. "Ready?"