Chapter 1

My fingers danced upon the black silk material, slowly feeling its softness and texture. The black dress I had worn to my parents funeral two weeks ago.
I pulled the plastic bag over the dress and hung it on the door, I needed to finish packing. I sighed and wiped away the tear from my eye. Walking over to the now open closet door, I pulled out another suitcase and began to fill it.

Memories of the things I'm leaving behind filling my head.

                              ****
I finished in record time for a girl. Usually I take a while to do something but I just wanted out of that house. I couldn't be in it anymore. Everything there was a memory.

The smell.
The pictures.
The rooms.

Everything.
So here I am outside of the 1 story house that I've lived in since I was 5 years old, suitcases beside me.
Yes I wanted to stay but not without them. I couldn't do it with out them.

My moms best friend doesn't live to far from here so I'm going to stay with her and her family until I turn 18 and go off to college. I would go to their local high school and I would have to get a job. But I'm okay with all of that. New high school means people wouldn't know who I am and what happened.

This was good.

The honking of Mrs. Williams brought me out of my thoughts. She rolled down the window and waved enthusiastically.

Oh boy. She was one of those people.
I inwardly groaned and gave her a small smile.
" Hi Evangelina!!!!!" She got out of the car while popping the trunk and offered to give me a hand with my bags.

" Thank you Mrs. Williams" She got the last bag in the trunk and closed it.

" Oh no need to call me Mrs. Williams, it's Rosey. " I nodded and we circled the car, here getting in the drivers seat and me in the passenger side. I didn't realize that there was a child in the back because when she started to talk I was startled.

" Hi." Was the one word the little girl said. Her blonde hair was tied into braided pigtails and she looked to be about 7 or 8.

" Hi. " I smiled back and she just grinned. " I'm Emmy. " She lifted the doll in her hand to show me. " This is Caroline "

" Very nice to meet you both. " she pulled the doll back to her chest and looked at her mother who started the BMW. I turned back around and buckled and watched the house disappear as we drove away.

***

It took a about an hour to get to Mrs. Wil- Rosey's house. And let's just say it's not what I had expected. (House Above)

The house was massive. I figured they had money because of the car, but I didn't think they had this much. I looked out the window as we parked. A man in kakis and a button up shirt walked out the front door and helped with the bags.
I got out of the car and followed Rosey and Emmy inside.
The inside was amazing. A giant chandelier hung in the middle of a stair case that led to the upstairs. Emmy ran down the hall and disappeared.
" I'll show you around" I followed Rosey
as she showed me the kitchen, living room, game room, gym and inside pool.

Geez this place was like a mall!!!!

Rosey finally showed me the way to my room. And let's just say that I loved it.

" If you need anything Jaxon is right next door

" If you need anything Jaxon is right next door. Hopefully he isn't rude to you" she scoffed, she looked at me and her frown disappears. She noticed my confused face.

" Oh I'm sorry! Jaxon is my eldest son. He will be going to school with you"

I made an o shape with my mouth and she gave me another smile.
I swear this woman always smiles, you'd think she would look like the joker!

" Well I'll leave you to it then. " she started to walk out the door but stopped and turned. This time a sad smile was on her face and she looked a little sad.
" And Evangelina? I'm sorry about your parents and your brother" I nodded and gave her a soft smile saying thank you.

Once she left I plopped down on the bed and sighed. A tear ran down the side of my eye, and I quickly wiped it away. I don't want to cry anymore. I sat up and decided that I needed to unpack.

But it's kind of hard to do that without my bags. "Ughhhh." I groaned.
I walked over to the door and opened it peering down the hall I quietly entered it. My feet padded on the hard wood floor and I came to a wood door. I reached for the knob thinking it was a door to the stairs.

But nope. I don't think a half naked male counts as stairs.