Chapter 34

When I was 7 maybe 8, I was riding my bike down a giant hill. I remember being so proud of myself for doing it, but then I got to the top of the hill and I got scared. I didn't want to fall and get hurt, but then my mom came. She took my hand and looked at me smiled.

" дорогой you must remember, I will not always be here for you so you must face your fears. " She had tightened my helmet and touched my cheek. "What we fear the most is what we must do" And she kissed me on the head and waited. I put my hands on the brakes, ready to use them, and pushed my self forward. I flew down the hill laughing and giggling.

It was such an astounding yet simple moment for me as a child.

I don't know why my brain thought to bring this up, but it did and I was glad. This was my mother in her purest and simplest moment and I loved it. With my hair waving in the wind and her laugh ringing through the streets. I just want to go back to those memories.

Jaxon's Point of View

7 hours and 32 minutes.

That's how long Lina has been in surgery. That's how long her life has been hanging on by a thread.

" Jaxon." Ollie's voice brought my hazy stare back into focus. I looked at him, but didn't say anything.

" You need to eat something." My arms fell to my side. Ollie sat in a chair beside me.

" Your not my mother. " I growled out. He needed to mind his own damn business.

" Yea I'm not but you know she is gonna tell you the same thing man." I growled again and sat up. I didn't want to eat and he knew that, he knew that I can't. He looked at me and stood up, walking over to the vending machine. He put in a dollar and pressed a couple buttons. A snickers bar fell to the bottom and he pulled it out and tossed it to me.

" Eat a couple bites and then you can tell her you ate something. " He chuckled and pulled out his phone. " I'm gonna see if the girls are coming, they are still pretty shaken up about the whole thing. " He scratched the back of his head and put his phone to his ear.

The girl showed up about 30 minutes later. Wyatt held onto Nora the entire time and Saura wouldn't leave Ollie's side. Danny paced the hospital, biting on his nails.

Me?

I sat in this stupid, uncomfortable chair trying not to think about the worse possible things, and it wasn't working. All I could think about was her lying on that O.R table with hands inside of her body.

She's on that table dying.

And I'm sitting in a damn chair doing nothing to help her.

I ran my hands through my hair and looked out the glass windows. It was starting to get dark, so the stars had began to appear and the moon got bigger.

Lina loves stars.

" You know the largest constellation is Hydra? It's 3.16% of the sky." Her hair was scattered around her face and all over the floor. Her eyes twinkled from how bright the moon was.

"And why do you know this?" I had laughed at her. I could see her smile in the corner of my eye and my lips tipped up.

" I don't know I have a bunch of useless information in my head." We had laughed together. We had looked back up the sky and fell into a comfortable silence. We could hear Emmy laughing in the back as she and one of her friends played in the yard.

We were supposed to be watching them but Lina got distracted which lead me to being distracted by her.

" She told him to do it." My gaze met Saura's shaking voice. Ollie wrapped his arm around her and pulled her into his side, but she never left my stare.

" She what?" I sat up a little straighter, as if that could fix what I could hear.

" She told Harold to shoot her. She looked him in the eyes and said shoot me." I could feel my heart pumping the blood through my body. She told him to shoot her?

" Why the hell would she do that?!" Nora brought her head off of Wyatt shoulder and looked at me like Saura was.

" There was another girl there. A sophomore. Harold grabbed her and tied her and Lina to a chair and told us to choose. " This time I stood up, my entire body was hot and I felt like I couldn't breath. My heart thumped in my ears and my body was rigid with anger. " But Lina didn't let us choose. Before we could even say no she looked at him, dead in the eyes and said shoot me and not her. The other girl was sobbing but Lina? A few tears slipped from her eyes but she stayed calm. Like she had been in this kind of situation before." Nora stood up and put both hands on her head.

Lina was scared but she didn't want anyone to know that she was. She wanted to show everyone that it was going to be okay even though it really wasn't. She was trying to be brave even though she wanted to scream and cry herself.

" Jaxon why did she say she wanted to go to her parents? " I knew where this question was leading to and I didn't now if I should answer it. I never knew if Lina was gonna tell any of us what really happened to her parents or even tell everyone they were dead. Everyone thought she lived with her parents.

" Jaxon?" Saura scrunched her eyebrows. Danny stopped pacing and everyones attention was on me. My mind was racing and I felt like my head was going to explode.

" It's not my story to tell." I knew she would't want me telling so I'm going to respect her wished even though I think she should have told them a long time ago but-

" Family of Evangelina Rocklin?"