Chapter 28

" Set him down on the couch and go get me a warm wash cloth and peroxide. " Ollie laid him on the couch while Jaxon ran out to find the things I needed. I put a pillow under Danny's head and turned on the lamp so I could get a better view of the cut. IT was deep and he was definitely going to need stitches. Hopefully the kit that Rosey has will have it.

" Here. And I got an Ice pack." I glanced up at Jax I gave him a small smile and thanks before taking it from his hand.

" Can you go find me that kit. He needs stitches before he bleeds anymore." I cleaned the cut with the rag and the blood immediately soaked into the rag. Jaxon came running into the room with a clear box with a Red Cross on the side. HE laid it beside me and I opened it quickly. I took out a pair of gloves and put them on. I went to open the suture kit but I looked up.

Danny was waking up.

HE groaned and tried to sit up but I put a hand on his chest and pushed him back down.

" A Little help!!!" I yelled. Jaxon helped by holding his shoulders.

" Dan? Can you hear me?" HE groaned again and nodded his head.

" Yes but can you stop being so louddd." Jaxon and Ollie laughed a little.

" That's because you're drunk and hurt dude." Ollie leaned against the wall as he watched Dan trying not to laugh. Jaxon sat in a chair leaned forward. He watched as I began to stitch up Danny's head.

" How do you know how to do this Lina?" Ollie was in the same spot but his voice was little louder.

" My mom is a doctor. I used to watch her as she worked" I tried to refrain from using the word was. It was weird saying it as if she was still alive. It was strange thinking as if they all were still alive.

I finished with his head and put the ice pack over it. I stood up and Oliver came and sat down beside him.

" I got him." I nodded and took the gloves off. I threw them in the trash as I walked into the kitchen. Immediately smelling the burnt brownies. I groaned and walked over to the stove and took them out using a hot pad.

" Shit."

Behind me I heard Jax's deep chuckle and I turned around to face him. There was only one light on in the kitchen so I could barely see his face but I could see it well enough to tell that he had a cut on his eyebrow and lip.

" You got hurt too? " He just looked at the ground, not saying a word. I sighed and put , what looked like, cardboard down on the counter beside the stove. I grabbed a non used rag and walked over to him. I grabbed his hand and sat him down on the bar stool. HE didn't protest he just watched me with his big handsome baby blues. I tried hard not to look straight into them.

" What happened? Or can I even ask?" I dabbed on his lip and his hand immediately grabbed my wrist gently. His eyes winced and I drew back the cloth.

" Maybe you shouldn't get into whatever this was and it wouldn't hurt." His lip twitched into a little smile.

" It was a fight. We were all drunk and Dan fell and hit his head on a table. We couldn't go to the hospital because we were intoxicated and underage." He didn't look at me.

" You would've been arrested." He nodded his head and finally looked at me.

His eyes met mine and I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Goosebumps littered my skin and my breath hitched. For a second I forgot how to breathe.

" I'm sorry." His voice was barely a whisper. IF anyone else was in the room they wouldn't have heard it, but I did. I didn't know what he meant at first but then it clicked.

" It's okay Jaxon." I lied. A piece of my curly hair fell forward and chewed on my bottom lip a little. I think he knew that it wasn't.

" You know when you lie, you have this habit of biting your lip." For once I was quiet. I let him just look at me. " No Sunshine. It's not okay."

I didn't say much. I kept my head still and aimed at the floor. I didn't realize how close we were until I looked up. His breath fanned my face and his eyes were looking at my lips. I couldn't help but glance at his.

No stop it.

I quickly stepped back, dropping the rag I had completely forgot about.

" I-I should probably g-go. It's late a-a-and I um have to um-" Jax stood up from his chair. He stepped closer to me, my feet frozen in there place.

" You have to what?" One eyebrow was raised and his right hand held the rag.

" Jax. " My voice was quiet as he stepped an inch closer. " Jaxon. You can't do this." I closed my eyes for a second and put a hand to my temple. I opened my eyes and Looked at him. I could see in his eyes a bit of pain but he looked away before I could see anything else.

" Okay." He stepped away from me. HE threw the rag down on the counter harder then I thought he would. He opened the door to the stairs and walked up, slamming the door behind him.