Chapter 25

" What's the matter honey?" The school nurse looked at my tear stained face with a worried look.

" I feel sick." It wasn't a lie. I had this churning feeling in my stomach and I felt as if I was going to puke.

" I can see. Your crying and your face is a little pale." I wiped my hair away from my face and took the tissue she handed me. " Do I need to call anyone?" I shook my head.

There was no one to call.

" I drive here. My parents are off on a trip." I lied.

The nurse nodded her head and pulled out a yellow pad of of paper and started scribbling it on it. She handed it to me and gave me a small smile.

" On your way out give this to the front office, they'll let you go home and excuse you for the rest of your classes. "

" Thank you." I stood up, my knees feeling a little wobbly. I grabbed onto the wall and closed my eyes for a quick second. I opened them and swallowed the lump in my throat. I opened the door and walked out into the cold hall. 

I didn't have a car to drive back to the house so I had to walk. I don't mind it much. The air was a little warmer than it was this morning and the sun felt nice of my watered face. I walked down the same path as I did the first day of school.

My phone hummed in my pocket and I pulled it out. Silently hoping it was Jaxon.

But it wasn't.

" Lina where did you go?" Saura's voice sounded worried and I smiled a little into the phone.

" I'm fine. I'm going home. " My voice was shot from crying and I knew Saura could tell.

" What happened!? Was it Jax?" Not giving a reply gave her the answer to her question. "What did he do this time?" I let out a short breathless laugh at her ' this time'.

" Its not what he did its what he didn't do." Another tear slipped down my face and I quickly wiped it away. Through the phone I could here voices and lockers shutting. Saura took a second to answer.

" I'm ditching, I'll be over in a few. " I was a bout to protest but she hung up and I sighed.

I walked up the driveway of the familiar mansion and opened the front door, a cool breeze hitting my face. I left the door unlocked  for Saura to come in. I walked into the kitchen and pulled out a bottle of water and un did the cap as I waited for Saura.

It didn't take her long. She walked in the door with a bag and she looked at me with a sad smile.

" Guys are assholes." I nodded and reached for the bag. I opened it.

" Saura you have no idea how much I love you." She smiled and pulled out two bowls from the cabinet. (What'd you think it was? Liquor? Ha) I grabbed the ice cream scooper from the drawer and opened the vanilla Ice cream.

" Every girl needs ice cream when it comes to boys. It numbs their stupidness. " I put the spoon full of the ice cream in my mouth and moaned at its deliciousness.

" Only for a little while sadly. "She nodded her head in agreement scooping some for herself.

" You wanna talk about it?"I shrugged. I played with the ice cream in the bowl, staring at it.

" Nothing really happened. We're not dating. So its not like it really meant anything." It meant something to me. It meant a lot to me and nothing to him. I can't believe I'm crying over something as stupid as a boy.

" What happened Lina?" She leaned on the counter and looked at me, hoping that I would tell her. Thinking maybe she could fix it.

" I walked in on him making out with some blonde chick. And so I ran. My stupid self fell for him and now my heart hurts and I feel like shit." My Vision became glassy and tears fell from my eyes. I didn't bother wiping them off. I let the hot tears stream down my face.

I wished they burned. Maybe it would teach me that I'm not allowed to be happy.

I closed my eyes and I felt arms around my shoulders and a hand on the back of my head.

" Oh Lina. I'm so sorry." I let out a sob and she just hugged me. " He's an idiot." She let go and gave me a napkin.

" I'm the idiot! I thought everything would be okay but it's never going okay. I'm the embodiment of bad luck. " I wiped away the tears, soaking the napkin with the salty tears.. Saura chuckled a little and I smiled sadly at her.

" No your not. You just fall for the wrong people. "

Saura left about 2 hours after she had arrived. She wanted me and Jaxon to talk by ourselves. I had told her that I didn't want to talk to him but she insisted. She left about 30 minutes before school ended, leaving me alone. I walked up to my room shut the door and locked it and the bathroom door, hoping that would stop him from coming in.

It took a while before I finally heard the front door slam and footsteps come running up the steps. I waited for a knock on my door, but nothing.

He doesn't care. Why would he?

I sniffed my stuffy nose and rolled over on the bed.  I tried to close my eyes but a loud banging on the bathroom door made my eyes stay open.  I didn't  move I just listened to him bang on the my door.

" EVANGELINA!" His voice was low but loud. It was slightly muffled by the wall between us.

" EVANGELINA!! " He yelled again. " Please." His voice was hoarse.  A tear rolled down my face and I pulled the pillow closer to my body and hugged it tight.

" Go away Jaxon." My voice betrayed me and cracked.

" No. We need to talk. " I scoffed. We need to talk? Is he serious!?

" I found you making out with some slut! What's there to talk about!?" My voice was angry and sad and it didn't help that I was still crying.

" I'm going to break down this door if you don't open it Sunshine. " He stopped banging on the door. I hoped he had gone away but that was wishful thinking. the handle of the door jiggled. I groaned and got up. I really didn't want my door broken. I walked over to the door and unlocked it. I opened it to see Jaxon's worried but perfect face.